You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

someone close this thread for fucks sake. its the same bullshit over and over again. round and round and round and round.

i think we get the point.

Why don't you just stop reading if you are not interested?

I am trying to give constructive feedback to help the site and Dave.

How can that be worth justifying closing the thread?!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I question where the money goes to - If I paid 25 quid, would I get to see some figures of what Dave does with this money?

That's a pretty strange reason, I doubt you'd question where the money goes if you buy any other product?

In any case, I think it's been said before that the actual website makes very little money for Dave and the actual fanzine is where he wants to concentrate most of his efforts.

Anyway, it's all been said and this has all gone a bit OTT.

I think I gave a little to the running of the site in my 2nd or 3rd year and then bought a subscription on it's release. I'm waiting for a little owed cash to fall my way (next month hopefully) to re-subscribe as it's the greatest forum on the internet. For that, I'll give a little each year, especially as it'll improve the forum (even if my posts don't*).

I'll also re-subscribe to the fanzine as I can't help feeling great reading Woo on the Loo.

* even though I knew they do.

If you have a little to spare and use the forum a lot I think it's only courteous to pay a little back.

P.S Anyone that gives a little today I'll thunder-rep. I have some spare.

I'm surprised the server isn't down after tonights result. :whistle:

Maybe loads of people put some money in the kitty to make the server more efficient thus keeping the site up. :whistle:

Please let it go now.

Oh and thanks to everyone for contributing.

It's been a while since I donated and I was starting to feel like I was wearing that tick by my username under false pretences.

So, I've decided to use this, the momentous occasion of my 250th post, to finally join the ranks of the Gold names. I'll miss that tick, though, it looked damn stylish.

It's been a while since I donated and I was starting to feel like I was wearing that tick by my username under false pretences.

So, I've decided to use this, the momentous occasion of my 250th post, to finally join the ranks of the Gold names. I'll miss that tick, though, it looked damn stylish.

Yeah, I miss the tick too.

Yeah, I miss the tick too.

Yeah, give us gold ticks Dave, it's the least we deserve.

Yeah, give us gold ticks Dave, it's the least we deserve.

I actually tried to sort this out earlier today, but I can't figure out how to do it. I'll look into it though.

The new server has been ordered and should be active tonight. But then it's a case of copying everything over and making sure it's working before actually switching the actual site over to the new one.

I actually tried to sort this out earlier today, but I can't figure out how to do it. I'll look into it though.

The new server has been ordered and should be active tonight. But then it's a case of copying everything over and making sure it's working before actually switching the actual site over to the new one.

cable_mess.jpg

Why don't you just stop reading if you are not interested?

I am trying to give constructive feedback to help the site and Dave.

How can that be worth justifying closing the thread?!

because i'm genuinely interested in finding out if a new server is sorted out and what kind of things it will provide for the site.

kind of tough when i have to wade through knee deep buckets of poo to get to that information in this thread.

your points were made on like page 2, yet you are making the same points over and over again.

i've no problem with your opinion on the matter, just the fact that you keep repeating yourself.

Will the site go off for a while Dave?

Yeah, not sure how long though. I've got the new server, and I've started copying some stuff over to it. Once everything is on there, I need to make sure it's all working, before I change the nameservers to point to the new one, and I close the old one down.

Hopefully it will all be done by the end of this week.