You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

It seems that News International are set to really hang Coulsen out to dry. They're going to claim that Brooks was on holiday in Italy when the story about a message on Dowler's phone was published, and that Coulsen, as her deputy, was in charge on that date.

Cameron and Clegg are arguing over who is appointed to inquiry. Clegg want's a judge. Cameron, unsurprisingly, doesn't.

In the meantime, some advice from Roy Greenslade about how to hit out at NI.

News of the World hacking - what you can do | Media | guardian.co.uk

And an official campaign will be launched in the commons tomorrow for a full public inquiry. The site to sign up for it is here.

Phone hacking petition - Hacked Off

There was a report fom a southampton newsagent on Radio 4 this morning with people being canvassed on their opinion of the NOTW activities and whether they would continue to buy it, one stupid bitch said she would as "she liked reading those stories" and "well they only did it on a few stories didnt they". I can only presume because people being murdered didnt involve celebs or shagging she didnt read those bits.

I heard a news report that the S*n's circulation suffered drastically after Hillsborough then recovered, then another saying it affects their sales to the tune of £10 Million a year. I wish they would stop contradicting themselves.

NoTW readers will forget about this next week and get back to buying it as normal, stupid fucks.

Murdoch in the cross-hairs.

Let all keep the pressure on. I know that people are understandably cynical, but with enough petitioning / emailing, voices can be heard.

I've signed up on the links above and have forwarded them on, too.

Sainsbury's on Twitter

Due to the rising concerns of our customers we are suspending any advertising in the NOTW until the outcome of the investigation.

Possibly a bit harsh but "concerns of customers" as a reason seems a way of getting out of actually making a judgment on NoW's behaviour. Plus "outcome of investigation" - whose investigation? Pretty sure it's not the police followed by public enquiry which could take years. So it must be the internal investigation led by Rebakah Brooks.

Overall I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Sainsburys response

I think the best we can hope on this is that the BSKYB deal gets given the heave ho, pissing him off!

The politicians realise that the S*n did not win it for em! And it never will, so they have no reason to be scared.

And that the rest of the country realises what a deceitfull, sly, lying peice of scum that Cameron is! As much as I despise the man, Peter Oborne was tearing him a new one last night on the BBC news, the traditional Tory media seem to hate Cameron, which is strange because i think he is as biggoted and selfish as most Tories!

I think the best we can hope on this is that the BSKYB deal gets given the heave ho, pissing him off!

The politicians realise that the S*n did not win it for em! And it never will, so they have no reason to be scared.

And that the rest of the country realises what a deceitfull, sly, lying peice of scum that Cameron is! As much as I despise the man, Peter Oborne was tearing him a new one last night on the BBC news, the traditional Tory media seem to hate Cameron, which is strange because i think he is as biggoted and selfish as most Tories!

It's mad that a lot of his backbenchers seem to think he is too ' liberal ' and seem to dislike him. Not right wing enough apparently. Even though he is pushing through the biggest right wing changes the country has seen.

It's mad that a lot of his backbenchers seem to think he is too ' liberal ' and seem to dislike him. Not right wing enough apparently. Even though he is pushing through the biggest right wing changes the country has seen.

I suspect that they also realise that he is a charlatan!

Tory by nature, rather than choice. To me this lot, Osborne, Hunt, Johnson and Dave, seem like crude caricatures of Thatcher! More akin to a Harry Enfield or Spitting Image idea of what an 80's Tory was.

Oborne was on R5 this morning saying much the same anti-cameron stuff. lots of questions about the company he keeps and his judgement. Then he tried to make out that Alistair Campbell was acting as a NOTW spokesman because he (Campbell) claimed the problem was deeper than the NOTW and got his arse handed to him.

Oborne was on R5 this morning saying much the same anti-cameron stuff. lots of questions about the company he keeps and his judgement. Then he tried to make out that Alistair Campbell was acting as a NOTW spokesman because he (Campbell) claimed the problem was deeper than the NOTW and got his arse handed to him.

Campbell is right, as you can see by the Mirror's reluctance to lay into NOTW! They have clearly done this themselves.

The most important thing for me is the focus upon Murdoch's influence and the relucatance of senior politicians to engage negatively with NI. Better late than never, but Milliband has at least nailed his colours to the mast, he knows he ain't never getting their backing again.

There was some suggestions that the Times, Sunday Times and Sky think that the behaviour of the Tabloids is affecting their reputations, which does seem to be true, most of us see them all as Murdoch's (which they are).

Let's see how long the outrage of the advertisers stays for. It is currently good PR for your company to be outraged by NOTW.

The ultimate deciding facter will be the NOTW readers. If they stay away is sufficient numbers the advertisers will stay away and try and claim some sort of moral policy.

If, as I suspect, the readership stays relatively close to what it is (i.e. 1 million more than its nearist rival) the advertisers will return.

The readers outrage/ semi boycott will last until the first mega special offer from the NOTW. i.e. Free £20 for every reader. I have no faith in the moral compass of the average NOTW reader.