You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RBS branches attacked/sabotaged by angry liverpool fans

FranStan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
I don't think anyone has the right to preach what the right or wrong thing to do is in this situation. If people want to sabotage the RBS then that is their perogative and they will get a lot of support for doing so if it achieves the aim of ridding our club of the yanks.

Sometimes the end does justify the means.

If someone is going to burn down buildings in the name of LFC I believe I have a right to preach actually, what if someone is in the building when the firebug decides to burn the building down? The death of a security guard is justified? Fuck off.

If someone is going to burn down buildings in the name of LFC I believe I have a right to preach actually, what if someone is in the building when the firebug decides to burn the building down? The death of a security guard is justified? Fuck off.

but it's ok because he loves liverpool

Took it a bit out of context there. That's why I caveated what I said with the word sometimes.

The situation has split the fanbase and as has been discussed on previous threads its even led to verbals between fans watching matches in the kop. For some even a protest is a step too far because they think its distracting for the players. One end of the scale you've got the apathetic fans who know full well the shit we are in but choose to do nothing and at the other end you've got the supporters who will use direct action to force the yanks out, then there's those in the middle who don't know anything about the clubs plight. That's why we need to raise awareness. Even the reaction to this minor incident has shown the divide and the way some have reacted you'd think the bank was actually petrol bombed. I would hope we all want the best for the club but as with anything, we each have different views on how that can be achieved.

Guest ShoePiss
Took it a bit out of context there. That's why I caveated what I said with the word sometimes.

The situation has split the fanbase and as has been discussed on previous threads its even led to verbals between fans watching matches in the kop. For some even a protest is a step too far because they think its distracting for the players. One end of the scale you've got the apathetic fans who know full well the shit we are in but choose to do nothing and at the other end you've got the supporters who will use direct action to force the yanks out, then there's those in the middle who don't know anything about the clubs plight. That's why we need to raise awareness. Even the reaction to this minor incident has shown the divide and the way some have reacted you'd think the bank was actually petrol bombed. I would hope we all want the best for the club but as with anything, we each have different views on how that can be achieved.

I agree with that and I agree with the action that was taken, just don't agree with the extreme measures where people can be injured. That doesn't do the cause or anyone else good. I'm sure SOS don't agree with ATK's views in this thread anyway.

Any action which damages the business of RBS is a good thing.

I remember a few years back when Everton played Wimbledon on the last day of the season. They needed a win to stay up. The Wimbledon team bus was the subject of an arson attack. Obviously some believed that such action might have played some part in Everton staying in the league. You will always get those willing to be more extreme than others in furtherance of a common cause.

Guest ShoePiss
Any action which damages the business of RBS is a good thing.

I remember a few years back when Everton played Wimbledon on the last day of the season. They needed a win to stay up. The Wimbledon team bus was the subject of an arson attack. Obviously some believed that such action might have played some part in Everton staying in the league. You will always get those willing to be more extreme than others in furtherance of a common cause.

Well that's where we differ.

Lets just say its going to be a bit like the MP's expenses that made the news the totals of who got what had been declared every year and no one gave it more than a passing glance it was only when the details game out that the truth behind the sordid mess was reveald

we have seen ball park figures quoted regarding the debts and repayments made like intrest payments but what has happened to the money the club was sold for £175m and it is £350m nearer to £400m and not a brick laid on the new ground so lets say there will be around £200m worth of dodgy expenses to wade through like just how much it has cost us for there air fare to fly over in there own jets to the game and that will just be the tip of the ice berg

That money was paid to the shareholders for their shares!

Hmmmmmm, I can't see how 200m of dodgy expenses would have passed the scrutiny of the auditors and the publishing of the accounts.

Ok bobhorse and ATK. Someone goes out and sets fire to an RBS branch and someone dies. Be it someone living above the branch, a fire man trying to put it out, or whatever. What then?

The action taken by reds a few nights back was superb. It will hopefully get some press exposure and will get considerable sympathy. Burning down a branch? Nohting, and I mean nothing good comes from that. Reason being, the majority of match day season ticket holding reds would come out dead against the aciton and then there would be a huge split.

As for your claim that 99% of "non interenet fans" (So i assume that doesn't include you given that you are on the internet?) would agree with you is total shite. 99% of Liverpool would not want us setting fire to buildings and endangering lives. Enough people have died as a result of football without us adding to the figures.

SoS have acted very well here (If it is SoS of course). The press even getting hold of your comments could do us huge harm. Think before you type.

I really cant believe how some people still react to ATK's midnight ramblings. How long have some of you been on the forum ? and you still haven't worked him out ? OK I'll help you all out.

Me and my mate ATK were at Aigburth yesterday watching Lancashire in a 20/twenty match.

It was very sunny

ATK was on the Strongbow

Need any more clues ?

I really cant believe how some people still react to ATK's midnight ramblings. How long have some of you been on the forum ? and you still haven't worked him out ? OK I'll help you all out.

Me and my mate ATK were at Aigburth yesterday watching Lancashire in a 20/twenty match.

It was very sunny

ATK was on the Strongbow

Need any more clues ?

So he is a gay manc? Because i thought only gays and/or mancs drank Strongbow?

It was very sunny

ATK was on the Strongbow

Need any more clues ?

If he can't handle his ale then he needs his broadband switched off at 9pm every evening. The could put a child lock on it.

People are complaining about the site at the moment and it's the likes of him that are doing all the damage. From the pathetic and childish threats to stamp on someones head, to this shite above.

He wants to be on the committee for SoS. What hope now does he have? Any journo can just pull his comments above and say that the SoS committee are for burning down buildings. SoS absolutly can not afford to have someone like him on board if he is liable to go off on one once he gets a few pints down his neck.

If he can't handle his ale then he needs his broadband switched off at 9pm every evening. The could put a child lock on it.

People are complaining about the site at the moment and it's the likes of him that are doing all the damage. From the pathetic and childish threats to stamp on someones head, to this shite above.

He wants to be on the committee for SoS. What hope now does he have? Any journo can just pull his comments above and say that the SoS committee are for burning down buildings. SoS absolutly can not afford to have someone like him on board if he is liable to go off on one once he gets a few pints down his neck.

Get a fucking grip will you. Its got fuck all with not being able to handle his ale. He's likes to go night fishing and he knows he'll have gotten a few bites at the end of the night.

What people are complaining about the site ? and who are the others doing the damage? Its a Internet forum ffs.

If you want to look for problems with the forum, then look at people who over react to to the likes of ATK and lets not forget the Rashid witch hunt mob.

If your so worried about about the "damage" that's being done to the forum then drop Dave a PM.

I think direct action is the correct way to go.

But we are targeting the wrong people

Indeed, we are actively threatening to make things worse as RBS will just be replaced by a much more shadowy organisation over whom we have less influence & charge the club even more.

For football fans, the world of corporate finance is a very boring one & the fact that we have to get interested in it is another poor consequence of the state the club is in.

However if we are going to get involved then we need to know what we are doing

And at the moment, this actually hurts us if it succeeds.

Very poorly thought thru.

Get a fucking grip will you. Its got fuck all with not being able to handle his ale. He's likes to go night fishing and he knows he'll have gotten a few bites at the end of the night.

What people are complaining about the site ? and who are the others doing the damage? Its a Internet forum ffs.

If you want to look for problems with the forum' date=' then look at people who over react to to the likes of ATK and lets not forget the Rashid witch hunt mob.

If your so worried about about the "damage" that's being done to the forum then drop Dave a PM.[/quote']

Other people are complaining about the forum. People who have been members for many years. I'm one of the few who actually regularly writes in support of it and tells people to stop fucking whinging that every forum is like this. I think it's a fantastic site that is far better then any other. As I say, it's a few people who've been members for years that are complaining. There have been a few complaints in threads from TomR for example.

I think you are just supporting a mate here. To complain people are overreacting to someone who is a known hothead and has written about burning down RBS buildings and threatened to stamp on another fellas head over a nothing comment (and that wasn't fishing, he was offering that lad out) is a bit rich.

Other people are complaining about the forum. People who have been members for many years. I'm one of the few who actually regularly writes in support of it and tells people to stop fucking whinging that every forum is like this. I think it's a fantastic site that is far better then any other. As I say, it's a few people who've been members for years that are complaining. There have been a few complaints in threads from TomR for example.

I think you are just supporting a mate here. To complain people are overreacting to someone who is a known hothead and has written about burning down RBS buildings and threatened to stamp on another fellas head over a nothing comment (and that wasn't fishing, he was offering that lad out) is a bit rich.

Not defending a mate at all. Ive never met Rashid in my life but I've always been in his corner when the witch hunt mob start to gather.

When I logged on here this morning and read ATK's drunken outbursts I thought, oh no here we go again, and the replies he got only confirmed my thoughts.

I do share your concerns about his conduct on here and his relationship with SOS. I mentioned to him yesterday. I'm also quite sure the people at SOS will have taken note as well. I'm also quite sure that if Dave thought ATK was dragging his forum down he'd take the appropriate action.

It doesn't seem to have worked:

Liverpool close to bank debt deal

The club's owners are having to sell assets in the US

Liverpool Football Club - which owes two banks £350m - is close to renegotiating its debt with the Royal Bank of Scotland, the BBC has learnt.

RBS has told club owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett the debt, due to be repaid in July, will be refinanced.

BBC business editor Robert Peston says RBS will insist on significant payments in the subsequent six months.

It comes as Portsmouth's defender Glen Johnson has agreed to join Liverpool in a £17.5m move.

Lending agreement

Our business editor says the good news for Liverpool FC supporters is that the club is not about to go bust.

The club borrowed too much; and it now has to tighten its belt, pay down debt and endeavour to live within its means

Robert Peston, BBC business editor

Read Robert's blog in full

"I understand that Royal Bank of Scotland has told its two billionaire owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, that their £350m debt - which falls due for repayment on 24 July and is owed to Royal Bank and Wachovia of the US - will be refinanced.

"A new lending agreement will be put on place."

A spokesman for the US pair would not comment on the development.

The other bank owed money, Wachovia, has yet to make any announcement.

US sales

Latest accounts show Kop Holdings, the parent company of the Anfield club, lost £42.6m in the year to August 2008.

The RBS revelation comes days after Liverpool co-owner George Gillett agreed to sell one of his major assets in a deal which would ease financial pressures at the Premier League club.

He is selling his stake in the NHL's Montreal Canadiens ice hockey team, in a deal reported to be worth at least $550m (£332.9m).

His fellow Liverpool owner, Mr Hicks, has also been looking to sell off elements of his own sporting empire - which includes Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers and the NHL's Dallas Stars.

'Commercial acumen'

Meanwhile, the club has appointed a new managing director, Christian Purslow, as overall manager of the club until a new chief executive is in place.

Mr Purslow will represent owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks and liaise with manager Rafael Benitez on his summer transfer dealings.

He is an executive board member and co-founder of private equity firm Mid Ocean Partners.

"His strategic and commercial acumen will be a real asset and we're delighted that he has made a long term commitment to the club," Mr Gillett said.

How do we know? Apparently there are quite severe repayment agreements in there, and these could force the Americans hands just as much. RBS get to keep the loan moving along, but also force the yanks to look for big, credible investment, or sell up. For all we know RBS have decided to put in these restrictions on the yanks on the back of the unpopular vote from Liverpool fans. Either way, the new agreement is better for us then the old one.

How do we know? Apparently there are quite severe repayment agreements in there, and these could force the Americans hands just as much. RBS get to keep the loan moving along, but also force the yanks to look for big, credible investment, or sell up. For all we know RBS have decided to put in these restrictions on the yanks on the back of the unpopular vote from Liverpool fans. Either way, the new agreement is better for us then the old one.

Okay, well i'm confused a bit. How can it be good for us that our owners will have more severe repayments of a loan? That doesn't make sense to me.

Surely it just increases the possiblity that they'll dip into the club to help pay?

I see, the more extreme the measures you're willing to take or support the bigger red you are. Carry on.

Okay I have my:

suicide_bomber_1_.jpg

27C1F88B-BEE1-B2F2-D23268E89ECA91BE.jpg

and my RBS_LOGO.JPG

T-shirt. Where do I pick up my season ticket?

Agree with all of the above. Fuck ending peoples lives it's scary and the people working there are innocent men and women who have families of their own who provide for their families and don't really get involved in our club. Why drag them into it?

Fuck.

Okay, well i'm confused a bit. How can it be good for us that our owners will have more severe repayments of a loan? That doesn't make sense to me.

Surely it just increases the possiblity that they'll dip into the club to help pay?

I'm mor ehoping it'll increase the possibility that they'll have to sell up. The more precarious the clubs position, the less likely they'll get a good deal, so I’m hoping this’ll push them to sell while they can still make a bit of a profit.

Guest ShoePiss

If you want to look for problems with the forum' date=' then look at people who over react to to the likes of ATK and lets not forget the Rashid witch hunt mob.

If your so worried about about the "damage" that's being done to the forum then drop Dave a PM.[/quote']

So what he wrote was a wind up? No problems with that kind of thing at all, normally I can spot it a mile off because someone acts out of character and it's funny. From what I've read of ATK the stuff wrote in this thread is in keeping with his general thoughts on the matter so where is the joke?

Personally I don't think he was on a fishing trip at all, I think the beers just brought to the surface what he really feels even if when sober he wouldn't act upon them.