You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The sycophantic BBC...

1645: We're getting perilously close now. In three hours time in the Stadio Olimpico, Barcelona and Manchester United will get under way perhaps the most eagerly-anticipated club football match in history. They are the only two teams in the world who can live up to the billing.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a stream for this?

I've Sky+ed Monday's Ashes to Ashes but that's only an hour long.

Ta

Unfortunately not, i'll have a word at the front desk though see if we can sort out some kind of web cam action for future games.

My view on tonights proceedings are that without Fletcher and Hargreaves, Manchester United lack the ability to get stuck in as the midfield will contain Anderson, Giggs, Carrick or Scholes. This will hinder the ability of Rooney, Tevez or Park to get forward as they will be asked to track back which in turn will isolate Ronaldo and Berbatov. I don't think United will get the protection of the back four from the midfield. Chelsea nearly did it using Essien.

Barcelona are superb at keeping the ball and will pass it about well, this will see United camped in their own half. As others have said, the right back and Vidic are key for Barcelona and they must look to get in through them.

As others have said, the 'first goal is crucial', this is a phrase that has been laboured in football, but it is much more important tonight.

I predict 2-1 to Barcelona with them scoring 2, then United getting something from a freekick.

The sycophantic BBC...

1645: We're getting perilously close now. In three hours time in the Stadio Olimpico, Barcelona and Manchester United will get under way perhaps the most eagerly-anticipated club football match in history. They are the only two teams in the world who can live up to the billing.

Their football writers really do get carried away sometimes.

The way i'm looking at it is United will portrayed as the best team whatever happens.

Also I was walking home today and i know this United fan. And he stuck his four fingers up to me. If that is not tempting fate i dont know what is. It won't come back to bite them it never does.

Barca could be the only team this season barring ourselves and Porto (in the old toilet match anyway.) who haven't completely shat themselves and withered infront of them. If they go at them they might be able to smash them up, and if they do that Guardiola and his team should go down as legends, after completing a treble with one of the best teams that's been around for a long time.

I hope the match starts with Messi running at Ferdinand, then he ducks and runs through his lanky legs with the ball, looks up, draws Van Der Saar out of his goal, fakes a chip that sees the keeper flapping his arms around in the air like a nutcase with a shellshocked look on his face then falling on his arse, then runs around him but just out of the corner of his eye sees Vidic sliding in to take him and the ball out, drags it back smoothly, points and laughs at Vidic who's sliding off the pitch, runs upto the goal line, gets on his hands and knees, rolls the ball over the line with his head, gets up, runs towards the manc fans and tells them all to fuck off. Then the camera just switches to Slur sat there chewing frantically for about 30 seconds. Then it'll be game on.

The sycophantic BBC...

Funny that. I was sure we took part in 2 of the best games in the competition this year.

Obviously not.

The sycophantic BBC...

Before checking, I bet it's that CUNT Jonathan Stevenson?

The sycophantic BBC...

It is amazing that the British media has restored the CL to its rightful place as the most important competition in world football now that the Mancs are holders & in the final.

It is amazing that the British media has restored the CL to its rightful place as the most important competition in world football now that the Mancs are holders & in the final.

That was from 'Stevo' though who's just left to be replaced by someone else who'll probably be less into the whole wankfest thing. Someone called that Stevo a Manc something or other not long back too, so maybe he's going over the top because he supports them. That might be why he went too, so he could go out and watch the match.

Either that or he just got called a Manc for being a tit on there a few times, not sure.

edit : sorry, quoted you instead of the post you were quoting from BBC. Yeah the media in general are doing an overall wankfest by the looks of it though. I'm glad I don't read/watch hardly any of it.

He's a forest fan but bizaarely says things like "So what Liverpool fans, I really want United to win the league" Talk about being neutrel.....

The cunt.

Ah, yeah I think I remember him going on about Forest once or twice. Sucks that he says stuff like that though, you'd think a so called neutral would want to see a change instead of them raking in almost everything.

He's a forest fan but bizaarely says things like "So what Liverpool fans, I really want United to win the league" Talk about being neutrel.....

The cunt.

Yes, he's a Forest fan.

There's an Indian guy who's a big Red but he was doing the cricket the other day.

They should have got him onto do it!

The cunt.

typical of our media in this country why are they never ever neutral

They have 1/4 of their regular defence.

Then again anything can happen in these one off games. Everyone expected Milan to twat us in '05.

bizarrely someone pointed out barca may be better defensively without there two attacking full backs ;)

The sycophantic BBC...

it's a shame that between the two of them they'll only just manage to overtake us tonight in the number of big ears wins. but they're the only sides who can live to this billing? fuck me.