You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I know, I was talking about Joorabchian. I mentioned the same in the Alonso Thread/Head fuck.

Ahh righty, the use of "they" confused my tiny mind

My bad

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ship has sailed for me.

We can't do what we did last close season and sign a fucking striker for 20-30m. He wouldn't fit in the team, we need someone for the right or the left (probably the left). Of course, don't Man Utd do a 5 million quid a season thing or some crap? Or was that just paper talk.

That ship has sailed for me.

We can't do what we did last close season and sign a fucking striker for 20-30m. He wouldn't fit in the team, we need someone for the right or the left (probably the left). Of course, don't Man Utd do a 5 million quid a season thing or some crap? Or was that just paper talk.

They signed him on a 2-year-loan for £10m, that's up this summer. He's pretty effective out wide, he played a lot of last season out left and right and plays most of his football for Argentina on the left. I wouldn't sign him instead of a winger but if we have a good bit of money (doubt we do though) he'd give us some fantastic options.

Good player but wouldn't sign him because Gerrard and Torres partnership is best around and Tevez wants to leave United so he can play more games so if we are to spend 20 odd milion on one player I think it would be better signing someone who we wouldn't have to accommondate. For that price I would like us to sign a pacey winger who can score goals and create chances, someone like Ashley Young.

Edited by JMARKH

Well if we were going to sign him, I'd either sign Downing as well or look to get 10-15m for Dirk.

I'm not too sure about Dirk/Tevez on the right/left myself.

Your a strange one philly. Downing is worse than Riera and there is no way in hell Benitez would get rid of Dirk.

Can't see Fergie standing for that outburst, even if it is all a ploy to get more money. I think hes 99% gone this summer. Although I highly doubt it will be to us.

If that's a negotiating tactic then he has seriously mis-understood what playing hard ball means.

Anyways can he even speak english yet?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I concur. Although i think he will in the summer though. I don't think he will sell Riera. The way Bascombe was talking there, there will be a summer clearout.

Also what is it with spanish clubs being intrested in Pennant?

To be fair, if the money was right, bar Gerrard and Torres, I think he'd sell any of them