You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

I changed it before you even replied. You must have been on it like a shot! Sorry for bringing other people into it, you're entirely right about that and I was entirely wrong to do it. I removed it almost straight away because the same thing entered my head.

I just came on here and saw you were the last post so I replied. Fair play for that. And for the record, I have no real desire to turn this into some pathetic aggressive back and forth when all it is, is a difference of opinion.

Honestly i think he's worth more in todays market.

Even up in the region of £25 million. The lad is that good and promissing. Ajax have had some great players during the last 6-5 years there, who's left when they were at Suarez current age, Sneijder, Ibrahimovic, Van Der Vaart, neither one of them have made the kind of impact there as Suarez. He's got 2.5 years left on his contract, so Ajax really are in no rush to sell unless a great offer comes in for him. Paying 25 million for him now may seem steep, but consider if he fulfills his potential, it'll be worth every penny and more.

It would be all fair if we hadn't Financial fair play rules coming in. Teams that can afford that kinda money for a striker are Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Real, Barca, United and the Italian teams. Barca and Arsenal don't need someone like him and Real don't want him. Italian teams, City and Chelsea are funded by sugar daddies and they are vary of the fact the FFP will land them in trouble if they don't balance their books. At the end of the day any product is worth as much as the demand. If the demand is not there then the prices fall. Ajax can quote whatever they want but at the end of the day he is worth as much as the buyers are willing to pay.

And for the record, I have no real desire to turn this into some pathetic aggressive back and forth when all it is, is a difference of opinion.

Don't underestimate a difference of opinion. That's how wars start.

"I like keeping black people as slaves"

"Well I think it's wrong, and support the emancipation of all slaves"

Before you know it - American Civil War

So think on, OK?

It would be all fair if we hadn't Financial fair play rules coming in. Teams that can afford that kinda money for a striker are Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Real, Barca, United and the Italian teams. Barca and Arsenal don't need someone like him and Real don't want him. Italian teams, City and Chelsea are funded by sugar daddies and they are vary of the fact the FFP will land them in trouble if they don't balance their books. At the end of the day any product is worth as much as the demand. If the demand is not there then the prices fall. Ajax can quote whatever they want but at the end of the day he is worth as much as the buyers are willing to pay.

Obviously true. But the thing is we are in desperate need of a quality forward, while Ajax are not desperate to get rid, they will have no problem waiting until the summer, when there'll be a shitload of clubs after a forward of his quality. Fair play rules or not, it'll be up to the player where he'll end up then, and if we are in competition with other clubs for his signature our chances of getting him wont be as good as they are now i dont think.

And as for these fair play rules, im not convinced what they will mean imediately.

*Owners will be allowed to cover losses of up to a maximum of $55 million over an initial three-year period starting in 2012.

*In the three years from 2015, just $37 million in losses can be covered.

*Clubs should aim to spend no more than 75 percent of revenue on player costs.

So this suggests that there will be no imediate changes, but it will happen gradually, and we might see one more summer of crazy spending.

Don't underestimate a difference of opinion. That's how wars start.

"I like keeping black people as slaves"

"Well I think it's wrong, and support the emancipation of all slaves"

Before you know it - American Civil War

So think on, OK?

But I do really, really like keeping black people. I have fields of cotton that simply refuse to pick themselves. I mean, what is a miidle class white boy to do in this situation?

Although if you look at what those crazy yanks are doing now, the southerners are trying to remove slavery from their history completely and have re-written the period to be about fighting an oppressive government looking to take away rights. They've even taken the word "slavery" out of some history books already.

But I do really, really like keeping black people. I have fields of cotton that simply refuse to pick themselves. I mean, what is a miidle class white boy to do in this situation?

Although if you look at what those crazy yanks are doing now, the southerners are trying to remove slavery from their history completely and have re-written the period to be about fighting an oppressive government looking to take away rights. They've even taken the word "slavery" out of some history books already.

Go preach elsewhere bellwhiff

Wow. Money is important for clubs to buy players with?

You're most insightful. You should write a book or something.

Whoa, nice sarcasm.

I've been there, parents taking your xbox away and stopping your pocket money, horrible.

Tough times, hang in there slugger. It'll all get better when you turn 18, believe me.

:(

Obviously true. But the thing is we are in desperate need of a quality forward, while Ajax are not desperate to get rid, they will have no problem waiting until the summer, when there'll be a shitload of clubs after a forward of his quality. Fair play rules or not, it'll be up to the player where he'll end up then, and if we are in competition with other clubs for his signature our chances of getting him wont be as good as they are now i dont think.

And as for these fair play rules, im not convinced what they will mean imediately.

*Owners will be allowed to cover losses of up to a maximum of $55 million over an initial three-year period starting in 2012.

*In the three years from 2015, just $37 million in losses can be covered.

*Clubs should aim to spend no more than 75 percent of revenue on player costs.

So this suggests that there will be no imediate changes, but it will happen gradually, and we might see one more summer of crazy spending.

Any purchases made next summer will be taken into account for FFP. Any signing made will be amortised i.e if someone buys a player for 24 million on a 4 year contract that means his value will be recorded in the books as 6 million per year. In the first three years there is scope only for a 8-9 million quid loss for the clubs. Anything above that and they are in trouble. Even though the rules are for the long term prosperity of the clubs, they will be in effect from the summer. They certainly have some immediate effect and even United hurried up and reduced some of their debts by clearing their PIK loans.

It will not be easy, even in the initial phase, for clubs to spend truck loads of money without the necessary revenue streams to support big purchases.

Whoa, nice sarcasm.

I've been there, parents taking your xbox away and stopping your pocket money, horrible.

Tough times, hang in there slugger. It'll all get better when you turn 18, believe me.

:(

You're really, really shit at this. I'd quit if I were you.

Which, thankfully, I'm not. Because that would mean I was a cunt.

You're really, really shit at this. I'd quit if I were you.

Which, thankfully, I'm not. Because that would mean I was a cunt.

Shit at what? You really are an internet warrior of the highest calibre.

You really don't see how juvenile you appear do you?

You're not scary, you're not clever, you're not funny, you're just a bitter twat, life is such a fucking hardship for you isn't it?

It's the internet, no-one cares. Those thousands of posts you've made on here, no-one cares, your story, no-one cares.

Jizz-face, no-one cares. They really don't. I don't care, I don't. I've negged you already, told you to suck my cyber-cock, now we can get on with life, no?

Oh please leave me alone. You're like a cyber equivalent of Bully Beef from the Dandy. Bullying is so fucking 80's mate.

So in a nutshell - 47 pages of bickering and twitter bullshit which could have gone in the transfer-twitter-argue-fest thread, and nobody is one iota the wiser as to whether or not we've signed him or whether we're going to.

Awesome thread. Well done everyone.

Shit at what? You really are an internet warrior of the highest calibre.

You really don't see how juvenile you appear do you?

You're not scary, you're not clever, you're not funny, you're just a bitter twat, life is such a fucking hardship for you isn't it?

It's the internet, no-one cares. Those thousands of posts you've made on here, no-one cares, your story, no-one cares.

Jizz-face, no-one cares. They really don't. I don't care, I don't. I've negged you already, told you to suck my cyber-cock, now we can get on with life, no?

Oh please leave me alone. You're like a cyber equivalent of Bully Beef from the Dandy. Bullying is so fucking 80's mate.

Luckily, that post hasn't made you seem at all mental and pitiful.

I bet if I went into my profile I'd find that you had clicked on me to 'find out more'.

AaaaaHAHAHAHA! Well whaddyaknow!

Alright there Poirot? What's the crack then?

Fuck off you mong, I'm sure there's a frisbee in a power station that needs fetching.

I went in there to leave you a message calling you a "fucking bellend".

I hope you read it.