You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got that boxset on Friday from HMV for £35, on the recommendation of two workmates who had raved about it. Can't believe the amount of nobheads on amazon getting all uppity because it misses out the second half of the final season. 20 discs, 3 & 1/2 seasons plus the three hour mini-series and feature length "razor" is pretty good value in my book. Finished the mini-series already, well impressed so far. Still trying to work out what that english guy has been in before though...

EDIT : Just Wiki'd him (James Callis) and nothing springs to mind. It's doing my head in.

I got that boxset on Friday from HMV for £35, on the recommendation of two workmates who had raved about it. Can't believe the amount of nobheads on amazon getting all uppity because it misses out the second half of the final season. 20 discs, 3 & 1/2 seasons plus the three hour mini-series and feature length "razor" is pretty good value in my book. Finished the mini-series already, well impressed so far. Still trying to work out what that english guy has been in before though...

He was in Soldier Soldier.

No, that was another actor. But they do look and sound bloody alike though.

I'm somewhere in season 4. The first 2 seasons were brilliant but now it's all going a bit weird. Not entirely in a good way.

Your right I posted that and thought he must be bloody old then and googled it. They are quite similar though... maybe he is a real life Cylon? Stock up your tinned food!

He is a good actor that Gaius. According to Wiki he was in Bridjet Jones Diary too.

James Callis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first two seasons are amazing but I liked seasons 3&4 they alude to it all so wasnt that weird.

web episodes aren't needed, I haven't seen them and you couldn't view them outside of north america anyway. mini-series is/was the pilot. there is a new movie coming out sometime called The Plan which is just about their plan or some carp.

phil.

you seem to be the forum expert on these matters - do you (and the others) have access to fox tv ?

the reason i ask is that i worked on a pilot for a new sci-fi show last summer called 'virtuality'. it was created by the same guy who did BSG (ron moore).

io9 - Ron Moore's VR Masterpiece Virtuality Finally Gets An Airdate - Virtuality

i spent the summer designing the interiors of the spacecraft (phaeton). it doesn't sound like it has a great long-term future, but the two-hour pilot airs on july 4th......thought you might be interested.

I have heard about it cause I am a fan of Mr Moores work, thats pretty awesome.

From what I know its on Fox, so I'd be surprised if it lasted. Sci-Fi tends to get boned on Fox.

The concept doesn't sound too hot, but I didn't watch Battlestar until season 3 and that was cause I saw he was the main guy behind it.

yeah, it's a shame it will likely get trashed.

apparently, the execs at fox were not on board with the idea of a homosexual relationship in the show.

it was fun working on the sets though - really enjoyed it. i wish i could post some images, but i could get shot for doing so.

It might do well, Moore is thought of well in TV land and all his stuff has been well recieved by critics. Fox just suck though, I'm surprised he is working with them.

FOX bought it off NBC while i was working on it (my cheques came from there).

not sure how that game works, but i guess some shows get traded.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, be gentle with me.

i'm not much for popular tv in general, hardly ever go to the movies or rent a current video.

i really wanted to watch a bit of BSG because i had heard good things aboot it, but quite honestly it didn't grab me at first, and is often on near/past my bedtime.

last night though it finally reeled me in. i started watching the final two episodes of the season at 8:00 last night and stayed up way past midnight (which to anyone who knows me is a BIG deal).

great drama, very bleak and harsh for tv, which i think is great writing. the CG quality was excellent and the characters and their interaction (which i'm still learning, of course) made for compelling viewing. the best thing was, for me, that it didn't suffer from very much fluff or unrealistic actions.

so now i have quite a lot of catching up to do since i've only seen just the two episodes. i don't think they were new ones either - the colonial planets are attacked by cylons and the human race is almost wiped out. it seems the cylons can jam, or shut down all the fighting vessels.

where am i in the scheme of things ? what can i look forward to ?