You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk Kuyt

El Rojo

Kuyt played well when he came on, fair enough. But i wont let it blind me from the fact he's been putting in horrendous performances for months.

That cannot be denied but somehow he still manages to get goals and assists and win important games for us. It's almost a Jekyll and Hyde thing.

Why do you think so? I think they'll have the same kind of problems that Keane had. They are used to playing against teams that will give them space. We rarely get given space.

Quicker and better technically. Milner works just as hard too.

Lennon's crossing is abysmal, mind, but then so is Kuyt's.

That cannot be denied but somehow he still manages to get goals and assists and win important games for us. It's almost a Jekyll and Hyde thing.

Not for me it isn't.

The goals he score and assist cannot make up for the fact he is one of the worst players in our squad to watch.

Seriously, if Dirk was rested more, and was played upfront, we would get a lot more out of him. What he brings to the side is wasted on the right hand side, where you need someone with skill, creativity and pace. The same could be said for a striker, but Dirks attributes are suited more to someone upfront than out wide.

If he was rotated, and got games as a striker, I doubt people would be as hostile towards him. It isn't Dirk's fault, and it's hard not to like him, as he works his arse off, but he just isn't what we need out wide, and I much prefer to see Yossi there than Dirk.

I can't shake the feeling that Dirk is somehow clutch (Man City, CL goals, Portsmouth, etc). But then I remember all those 0-0 draws.....

He's a limited player. Brilliant at times, but we shouldn't overrate him if there's a possibility of getting someone better.

But who cares. That was a hell of a finish yesterday.

Seriously, if Dirk was rested more, and was played upfront, we would get a lot more out of him. What he brings to the side is wasted on the right hand side, where you need someone with skill, creativity and pace. The same could be said for a striker, but Dirks attributes are suited more to someone upfront than out wide.

If he was rotated, and got games as a striker, I doubt people would be as hostile towards him. It isn't Dirk's fault, and it's hard not to like him, as he works his arse off, but he just isn't what we need out wide, and I much prefer to see Yossi there than Dirk.

If he was rotated out of our squad it would be a lot better :thumbup:

Seriously, I don't think we would. This is his level.

If he was rotated out of our squad it would be a lot better :thumbup:

I agree, but that was kind of my point, the Bentley's and Lennon's aren't that much better that what they add from an attacking perspective would make up for the positives in Dirk's game. If you are going to shift him out, it's going to take a Ribery or a Maxi Rodriguez type to do it.

Seriously, I don't think we would. This is his level.

You think what is his level?

His goalscoring record as a striker before he came here was phenomenal, and he was decent in his first season here as a striker. Since then he has struggled. Get him back upfront where he should be played.