You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

She'll be getting rodgered six ways from sunday and loving it, the filthy bint. "Ooh, my Bill, god rest him never put it in there."

I hope so. She deserves it after the miserable beggar she put up with all those years.

And then there's my friend whose husband died about 3 years ago now. So it turns out she's started seeing someone and she's telling us about it and how how she's just taking it quite slowly but enjoying going out with him and my other friend chips in, 'to have someone to go out for a walk with.'

I thought of you all at that moment. I said nothing

I bet her husband is happy.

Was at the gym this morning doing what I thought was pretty heavy dead lifts when a 'kid' comes over and asks if I mind if he works in with me.No bother I say as this child picks up my heavy weights to warm up.

that's not age though mate that's just a strong fucker. Lad in my gym is 22 and hits 270 at a weight of about 90k. and his birds fit. The prick.

That is quite awful. Did she continue with her plans to leave, or did she stay with until he passed on?

It was. She is one of the nicest people I know and was so loyal in what seemed like a completely mismatched relationship. And, yes, she had just told me of her plans to leave him when he was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. She chose to stay and he lived far longer than anyone predicted. Was it wrong to have willed someone to die?

It was my first close up experience of the fantastic work of our local hospice.

I bet her husband is happy.

They seem like a really close couple but I was more than a little surprised by her response. We're not at that stage yet

It was. She is one of the nicest people I know and was so loyal in what seemed like a completely mismatched relationship. And, yes, she had just told me of her plans to leave him when he was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. She chose to stay and he lived far longer than anyone predicted. Was it wrong to have willed someone to die?

It was my first close up experience of the fantastic work of our local hospice.

They seem like a really close couple but I was more than a little surprised by her response. We're not at that stage yet

Definitely not.

As a mate of mine at f**tball said "I don't give a shit if I can't keep it up for long, if it's up it's going up, I ain't fucking wasting it".

I'm not sure if I get the reference but from the outside it seemed like torture that she had chosen to stay to care for him and he wouldn't then have the decency to do it quickly and let her get on with her life

I'm not sure if I get the reference but from the outside it seemed like torture that she had chosen to stay to care for him and he wouldn't then have the decency to do it quickly and let her get on with her life

They were in response to two different parts of your post.

I put the second part in bold as reading it back myself it wasn't clear.