You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unashamed trip down memory lane

Mark P

Following on from The Virgin's last post on the "Random things you miss about the match" thread, he brought out the classic..."First match at Anfield", which I felt warranted a thread of its own...So, here goes.

1990, QPR, Kop, to clinch our last league title...not a bad way to start!

Arl arses, start your engines........

Erm it was either MYPA 47 or FC Sion in the UEFA Cup 1997 i think, we won one 4-1 and the other 6-3. Just cant remember which one i went to first

Actually that was a waste of a post as I cant fuckin remember, sorry about that

Nice one Mark, I'll post again, why the hell not....

My first game...

Reds v Brighton, FA Cup (81?) Jimmy Case scored for Brighton. We got beat.

I was in the Kop with my Dad. Up at the top - Kemlyn corner. There was a brick wall that went across the corner which I had made my way to to get a better view - I was 8 years old.

I was getting crushed a bit so decided to make my way back to where I thought my Dad was, but obviously couldn't find him. I started shouting for him, which then prompted what felt like 1000s of Kopites to start shouting DAD!! I was then passed over heads to where he was. I'll never forget it.

Think this topic was posted recently somewhere else.Anyway 1955 versus Lincoln City in the old league division 2.It was early season and we won 2-1 with a guy called Alan Arnell scoring both goals.My uncle(who was an Evertonian) took me and I stood somewhere near the halfway line but cant remember which side of the ground-have an idea it was pre the old kemlyn road stand.

Guest The Chimp

You got me Hermes. Always thought it was 1977. Was only a young Chimp then. 6 or should I say 7 now.:whistle:

Cheers Cath, that's what I remember, a glorious sunny day, and a really green pitch.

my first game was Spurs at home in 1990, it was near the end of the season and if we hadnt lost a couple of weeks earlier it would have been a crucial game for us. As it was, it was just a fantastic day for me. We won 2-0, Ian Rush and David Speedie scored and the overwhelming memory i had of the day was just how tall Erik Thorsvedt was, fucking giant.

Sat in the Paddock near the Kop End. Loved it.