You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This unexploded car bomb...

Chris

Does anyone else feel that this may be just the begining of a campaign to raise the fear of terrorism high enough for Mr Brown to push through his new anti-terror regulations and impede on even more of our civil liberties?

Hmm?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought when I heard this morning was something along the lines of

"Two days after getting a new prime minister? How terribly convenient."

To be fair though the 7-7 bombings were the day after they announced London was getting the Olympics, and I don't think Seb coe was involved.

Any terrorist worth his salt goes for a big event, just look at the IRA with the national a few years back.

Yeah, maybe they should have just let it explode killing and maiming hundreds of people. Then it would really raise the fear of terrorism high enough for Mr Brown to push through his new anti-terror regulations and impede on even more of our civil liberties

Yeah, maybe they should have just let it explode killing and maiming hundreds of people. Then it would really raise the fear of terrorism high enough for Mr Brown to push through his new anti-terror regulations and impede on even more of our civil liberties

I already told you that it was a shit bomb.

You believe anything you told my man.

If it was such a threat, then why were none of the local residents evacuated? They were just told that if they left their homes, they wouldn't be allowed back in until the cordons were lifted.

Hmm, a car 'packed' with 60 litres of petrol? I call that having a full tank, not a car bomb. ;) A shit bomb indeed.

Perhaps it was somebody every bit as disgruntled as the rest of us over not getting a chance to vote for a new Prime Minister.

Edit : Just read the BBC website story where they say it has 'ecoes of other terrorist plots.' Yeh, it also has echoes of criminal underworld elements setting off car bombs in Liverpool. And it was outside a nightclub.

Nah, there was nothing to explode in the first place. it's a very beneficial operation.

Stage a bomb threat and have the police take care of it. That way people are inclined to think that an attack could happen at any time, and that the police did their job in tackling it. Hurrah for anti-terror police!

But if they had more power to act earlier, it wouldn't have been such a close call. They could stop these problems at the source. And you will never have to be afraid of terrorism again.

So pass my laws and take away peoples basic human freedoms today!

Perhaps it was somebody every bit as disgruntled as the rest of us over not getting a chance to vote for a new Prime Minister.

Edit : Just read the BBC website story where they say it has 'ecoes of other terrorist plots.' Yeh, it also has echoes of criminal underworld elements setting off car bombs in Liverpool. And it was outside a nightclub.

Nobody was allowed to vote for a new Prime Minister when that bitch was fucked off, so why is everyone moaning about doing so now?

Nobody was allowed to vote for a new Prime Minister when that bitch was fucked off, so why is everyone moaning about doing so now?

I await the arrival of a Lib Dem to tell everyone that we don't elect any PM, we elect local councillor leading to the formation of a Government headed by the leader of the overall winning party.

Something like that anyway.

The point is all party politics is bollocks and I actually think the new PM may have a point when he says what is best for the country is to have it governed by people with a mixture of values from accross the political spectrum.

I seem to remember Brown calling for an election when Major stepped up.

Does anyone else feel that this may be just the begining of a campaign to raise the fear of terrorism high enough for Mr Brown to push through his new anti-terror regulations and impede on even more of our civil liberties?

Hmm?

My first thoughts exactly when I turned on BBC Breakfast this morning.