You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This unexploded car bomb...

Chris

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else feel that this may be just the begining of a campaign to raise the fear of terrorism high enough for Mr Brown to push through his new anti-terror regulations and impede on even more of our civil liberties?

Hmm?

Errr, ...............no.

Hang on a minute, the latest was in Scotland. Where is Gordon Brown from? Maybe you're right.

""There was an Asian guy who was pulled out of the car by two police officers, who he was trying to fight off. They've got him on the ground."

That's a bit draconian isn't, what about his civil liberties? people should be allowed to commit suicide shouldn't they?

Absolutely, racist police, that poor Asian guy should sue.

Fucking hell, Stu - you'll be agreeing with all that 9/11 conspiracy nonsense next.

Paul - Nope, that's a bit different. Knowing that the Iraq invasion was on the cards well before 9/11, which is not up for debate considering the evidence out there (Memos, Bush telling all and sundry he was going to finish the job etc), how can anyone call into question the statement I made. The constant references to Iraq in the same sentence as Al Quada, the propaganda to make people believe Iraq was linked to 9/11; it's pretty concrete that the way the US and UK goverments kept exagerating the threat from terrorism was to justify their own war of terror.

Hermes - I'm not an apologist for suicide bombers, I just understand why they do it. It's all they can do. They don't have the luxury of taking away the stigma of killing innocents by learning to fly a gunship or an F-15.

John - Cheers for that; top quality debating.

Paul - Nope, that's a bit different. Knowing that the Iraq invasion was on the cards well before 9/11, which is not up for debate considering the evidence out there (Memos, Bush telling all and sundry he was going to finish the job etc), how can anyone call into question the statement I made. The constant references to Iraq in the same sentence as Al Quada, the propaganda to make people believe Iraq was linked to 9/11; it's pretty concrete that the way the US and UK goverments kept exagerating the threat from terrorism was to justify their own war of terror.

Hermes - I'm not an apologist for suicide bombers, I just understand why they do it. It's all they can do. They don't have the luxury of taking away the stigma of killing innocents by learning to fly a gunship or an F-15.

John - Cheers for that; top quality debating.

Y'see that's the bit i have a problem with, that reasoning becomes totally null and void when its your wife or your children that's blown into a million pieces, unless you can address the gatehring at the funeral and say"Y'know i can see why they did it" I'm not having a pop at you honest i'm not but it's a paradox i can't get my head around. For example i am opposed in principal to the death penalty, but if one of mine was stabbed to death by some piece of shit in the street then i know i'd be screaming and campaigning for it to be brought back.

Y'see that's the bit i have a problem with, that reasoning becomes totally null and void when its your wife or your children that's blown into a million pieces, unless you can address the gatehring at the funeral and say"Y'know i can see why they did it" I'm not having a pop at you honest i'm not but it's a paradox i can't get my head around. For example i am opposed in principal to the death penalty, but if one of mine was stabbed to death by some piece of shit in the street then i know i'd be screaming and campaigning for it to be brought back.

Of course that makes sense. If anyone touched my girlfriend I'd make sure they knew what real pain was, but that is letting emotion cloud objective reason. Objectively I can see that death penalty is wrong but I'd imagine I'd want it if I were wronged.

The bit about understanding why they do it isn't hard. The main culprits, The Palestinians, are an occupied people who are fighting a much more advanced and powerful oppressor. They don't have tanks and jets to fight for their freedom so they do suicide bombings and throw rocks at tanks. I don't condone them killing innocents, no more that I condone British pilots doing it from miles in the sky, but I can see how they think it will help them.

If the purpose of a suicide-terrorist attack is not to die, but to kill and to inflict the maximum number of casualties on the target society, why do they die?

If the purpose of the suicide bomber is to end the occupation of his country, why is the suicide tactic not as old as war and territorial occupation itself?

If the purpose of the suicide bomber is to end the occupation of his country and to inflict the maximum number of casualties on the target society why are the targets so disparate and scattered, without a clear relation to the occupation?

Why are suicide bombings publicized before any proof is brought by investigation?

For me these questions underline the illogical nature of suicide bombings. I believe to find logic you have to see the suicide bomber as a fabrication of the Zionists for their own purposes:

To demonize Islam

To make Muslims look stupid, fanatical, and murderous.

To create worldwide terrorism that they can claim has nothing to do with Israel, but everything to do with Islam.

To attack those who think themselves to be allies, but are not, e.g. America, Spain, Britain.

To shift the blame for any bombing Zionists perpetrate onto the Muslims, simply by calling it a suicide bombing.

To control public opinion in favor of Israel as the most grieved victim of terrorism.

To justify apartheid in Israel.

To justify war in the Middle East with the spoils of war accruing to themselves, while the costs are borne by their "allies".

So it's not the fundamentalism, it's not the occupation, it's not suicide, it's not a guerilla tactic, it's the timeless strategy of the Jews working to advantage themselves on their journey toward dominion.

If the purpose of a suicide-terrorist attack is not to die, but to kill and to inflict the maximum number of casualties on the target society, why do they die?

If the purpose of the suicide bomber is to end the occupation of his country, why is the suicide tactic not as old as war and territorial occupation itself?

If the purpose of the suicide bomber is to end the occupation of his country and to inflict the maximum number of casualties on the target society why are the targets so disparate and scattered, without a clear relation to the occupation?

Why are suicide bombings publicized before any proof is brought by investigation?

For me these questions underline the illogical nature of suicide bombings. I believe to find logic you have to see the suicide bomber as a fabrication of the Zionists for their own purposes:

To demonize Islam

To create worldwide terrorism that they can claim has nothing to do with Israel, but everything to do with Islam.

To attack those who think themselves to be allies, but are not, e.g. America, Spain, Britain.

To shift the blame for any bombing Zionists perpetrate onto the Muslims, simply by calling it a suicide bombing.

To control public opinion in favor of Israel as the most grieved victim of terrorism.

To justify war in the Middle East with the spoils of war accruing to themselves, while the costs are borne by their "allies".

So it's not the fundamentalism, it's not the occupation, it's not suicide, it's not a guerilla tactic, it's the timeless strategy of the Jews working to advantage themselves on their journey toward dominion.

There have been some ridiculous, stupid posts in this thread. But you sir, have managed to top all of them.

Congratulations.

To demonize Islam

Fuck me. I'm not entirely sure that this wasn't written with a tongue lodged in your cheek. I am no friend or supporter of Israel; what is allowed to go on in that region is far far worse than apartheid - truly sickening, and imo the state of Israel is a cesspit of human hypocrisy - and we should all be ashamed for being complicit in it, but you sir/madam are certifiable. Lots of Muslims in this country will support / empathise with these recent acts - these people are all dangerous, all despicable cunts and should be rounded up and booted out of the country, and their families and contacts monitored closely. Those fanatical, murderous cunts can go and fight elsewhere.

Does anyone else feel that this may be just the begining of a campaign to raise the fear of terrorism high enough for Mr Brown to push through his new anti-terror regulations and impede on even more of our civil liberties?

Hmm?

Genuine questions...What are his new anti-terror regulations?...and, on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis, which of your civil liberties are regularly impeded, and are likely to be impeded even more as a result of these?

Genuine questions...What are his new anti-terror regulations?...and, on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis, which of your civil liberties are regularly impeded, and are likely to be impeded even more as a result of these?

Soon you'll be able to be locked up for three months without even being charged with a crime. You'll be able to be sent to prison and fined for not carrying a piece of plastic around with you. You will not be able to publicly protest against these measures because that right will be taken away from you. When you finally come to trial, you will no longer have the right to be tried in front of a dozen of your peers.

This government is a bigger threat to this country than terrorists are. Yet for some reason the turkeys keep voting for Christmas.

To demonize Islam

Jawohl, mein Fuhrer.

Mark, I highly recommend that you go and see the film Taking Liberties, which is out in the cinema now. It's basically deals with the slow drip erosion of civil liberties during the tenure of the Blair Government, and is highly informative. It only has a limited release, but if you don't catch it I understand there is an accompanying book.

I suppose the next matter up for debate is the extension of detainment over the current 28 day limit. Personally, I do not believe that the period of detention should be extended further. If the police/security services had sufficient funding and personnel at their disposal, they shouldn't need an extension.

Ezekiel - I seriously hope that was tongue-in-cheek. If you're serious then that's pretty fucked-up. I'd echo Stringvests comments.

Soon you'll be able to be locked up for three months without even being charged with a crime. You'll be able to be sent to prison and fined for not carrying a piece of plastic around with you. You will not be able to publicly protest against these measures because that right will be taken away from you. When you finally come to trial, you will no longer have the right to be tried in front of a dozen of your peers.

This government is a bigger threat to this country than terrorists are. Yet for some reason the turkeys keep voting for Christmas.

If you feel that strongly, why don't you quit your job as a civil servant and become a terrorist?

Fuck me. I'm not entirely sure that this wasn't written with a tongue lodged in your cheek. I am no friend or supporter of Israel; what is allowed to go on in that region is far far worse than apartheid - truly sickening, and imo the state of Israel is a cesspit of human hypocrisy - and we should all be ashamed for being complicit in it, but you sir/madam are certifiable. Lots of Muslims in this country will support / empathise with these recent acts - these people are all dangerous, all despicable cunts and should be rounded up and booted out of the country, and their families and contacts monitored closely. Those fanatical, murderous cunts can go and fight elsewhere.

well sorry to shatter you illusion but it was wrote tongue in cheek, i thought that was obvious but maybe not.

If you feel that strongly, why don't you quit your job as a civil servant and become a terrorist?

:whatever:

Civil servants don't control government policy, they just carry it out. And there's no justification for terrorism in this country (yet). Better to do what I'm doing and to try and remove the Stalinists in charge through democratic means than anything else.