You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oh no! I like a My Chemical Romance track!

cochcaer

Kasabian are glamming it up in a big way, Chris, Bolan should be getting half the royalties from what I've heard from them so it was a natural link.

I really can't see why people would, or could, hate My Chemical Romance. I don't particularly dig what they do but there are a million more annoying and untalented people out there who write complete dirge and then try and inflict it on the World.

I always find the way people look down on writing music for intelligent adalescents funny.

Adolescent Monty, your spelling skills are mediocre.

And i agree, you've just got bands that aren't competing to be the best, they are just there to make up the numbers.

MCR are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, their first two records (especially 'bullets') are great. decent live band and entertaining. for me they fall in a similar catagory as the cure, where i love the music but hate 99.7% of their fans.

I'm curious to see what anyone's take on The Horrors is.

I don't mind the Horrors - they recycle a lot of 80's Fuzz/horror/surf bands (see Fuzztones for more info) - who themselves recycled early 60's garage/fuzz/horror/surf music. I'm into that stuff and a few Horrors songs are quite good. Nothing new though - but what is?

I don't mind the Horrors - they recycle a lot of 80's Fuzz/horror/surf bands (see Fuzztones for more info) - who themselves recycled early 60's garage/fuzz/horror/surf music. I'm into that stuff and a few Horrors songs are quite good. Nothing new though - but what is?

not much...the new Battles record is kind of unique i guess. it's a nice change of pace from most of the boring/repetitive indie rock i hear on a daily basis at work.

they fall in a similar catagory as the cure, where i love the music but hate 99.7% of their fans.

The Cure were class, quite individual and tracks like Just Like Heaven are pop gold. They're amongst the early 80's new wave bands that carved out what is now indie and you can certainly tell their influence on bands like The Killers.

Guest PaddyBerger15

as far as punk goes, how can you not appreciate black flag, the dead kennedy's, fugazi, etc?

Amen brother. Three of the best bands of all time right there....da Flag were a monster of a band and would have eaten alive these knicker wetting bubblegum 'punk' bands of today. The little pussies who follow them around would have been dismantled at a Black Flag gig...they rocked, and everything about them was high intensity, high octane brutality....and Gregg Ginn was a great musician.