You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An ace thing

RedinSweden

On Sunday, our local school will be in contact with Christer Fuglesang, Sweden's first man in space. He went up in Discovery the other day and our local school has been chosen by Nasa as the one to speak to him direct in space. They are doing it in the Sportshall and everyone I know is going. It's ace.

On Sunday, our local school will be in contact with Christer Fuglesang, Sweden's first man in space. He went up in Discovery the other day and our local school has been chosen by Nasa as the one to speak to him direct in space. They are doing it in the Sportshall and everyone I know is going. It's ace.

Nice one - that is infact Ace. What you going to ask him?

Hang on, hang on. We aren't planning to arrive at yours until midweek for the TLW Christmas bash.

Can you ask NASA to hold back for a few days? TK421's organising the flights.

Well, he was due to return to earth on wednesday, but I am sure he won't mind staying up there a bit longer.

There is a handful of school children going to be asking stuff, I'm not. I know one of them. I might get her to ask him who would win a fight between a bear and a monkey if it took place in space.

You cant just throw about ponderers like that, without opening a whole new forum thread of worms I go for the monkey.

Are knives allowed in space? Perhaps they have the same rules they do for planes.

Monkey would win.

No and neither is psycholgical analysis, I could imagine that devious little monkey trying that shit:

Monkey: "it cant of been easy as a cub growing up without a father ? "

Bear : It wasnt, i remember my first tent raid like it was yesterday, going home and sharing the spoils with my mum and sisters, it just wasnt the same".

Monkey: must of been tough

Bear: it was sob sob

Monkey: oh come here, POW PING POW.

Good man.

(Hope you are better organised at rescheduling space missions than you are at sorting out Secret Santas).

...and X11 league promotions... ifithadntbinferswedishchef...

That genuinely is an ace thing - although when the children tell their grandchildren that they had spoken to a bloke in space, no doubt the reponse will be along the lines of "And? I'm off to Mars next week with Easyjet"

Hang on, hang on. We aren't planning to arrive at yours until midweek for the TLW Christmas bash.

Can you ask NASA to hold back for a few days? TK421's organising the flights.

All done. They were bloody expensive mind. Please send 3452 Euros credit to Bank of the Galactic Empire. Sort Code 66-66-66 A/C no: 0000 0001.

ask em what they do with turds in space

They filter fluid from piss, and reprocess it into water to drink - iirc they turn turds into desiccated pellets. These aren't edible, but do wonders for all sorts of space flora.

The space toilet itself is a work of art, and you are filmed shitting, too. Which would probably put me off.

i one met Helen Sharman (with school) who was the first woman in space, and a british lass at that.

My ultimately clever question was, if the sun is a star, why can't you see it at night.

I am so proud of my early years stupidity.