You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rigobert Song

ALMO

I had him on the back of my shirt one season.

Not by choice, the queue to get names printed on the back of a shirt was about 2 hours long and he was the only name on the back of shirts that were on the wall so i got it :$

No way! My surname is Rigby so in school, when he'd just signed, i used to get called 'Rigobert'. It done my fuckin head in!

well if songy is playing at the back for them things are looking good for us,not the best defender or right back i can remember wearing the red shirt!

I've read that he's doing well in Turkey, but I don't follow the league myself, so it could be complete bollocks. However, he seems to be a regular for them, because he's played 32 and 29 games for them in the last two seasons... ;)

Word is that he had to be substituted during a game this weekend so it might be that he won't play tomorrow...

I really liked Rigo. I liked his enthusiasm and his 100% commitment. I liked it when he kicked Lee Hendrie into the Paddock with a waist high lunge. I liked it when he ended up in the other teams net when trying to get on the end of a cross, but managed to sprint back all the way back to his own box and make a clearance.

I liked the way he'd wave to the fans when they chanted his name, even when the game was still going. Titi did that too, and Houllier (rightly) bollocked them for it. They both did the same when they came back to Anfield with West Ham.

Not the greatest player in the world, but a trier. I'm sure he'll get his name chanted tomorrow.