You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Now for Kuyt

snez1

So Gerrard had a bad world cup, so did Ronnie, does that mean neither could or should be sold for more then 30 million pounds?

All players can have a bad tournament. If we sign Kuyt i will be a happy supporter, because he will offer us a more effective target man then Morientes ever did. He will also offer us more pace in attack, more strength in the air and a work rate up front that all Liverpool fans will love him for.

Wether he is the absolute answer to all our problems is questionable. We will definantly have a choice from the strikers thought if he does sign, and he we have no doubt already improved on our team from last year already.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've come to the conclusion he's shit by watching him in Holland? Now, i haven't exactly been impressed by the 3 or 4 games i've seen him in but the guy has obviously got something about him for Rafa to maintain interest for a year or two.

How you've decided he's shit by watching him in Holland baffles me because he's scored and made a stupid amount of goals in that league according to reports. I think your lieing or crazy because i know if id been watching a guy smash in 20 goals a season and create a lot while forcing his way into the dutch starting 11 i'd probably be impressed and talk him up.

He hasn't impressed me once. I don't think he's shit at all, I think he's overpriced and just not what we're looking for.

Ashton, the West Ham legend, is certainly streets ahead of Kujt, the established Dutch international. I thought the former had a great world cup too, and his goalscoring record certainly puts Kujt to shame.

Jesus.

And Ashton would cost more.

I don't think we will get Kuyt. Clubs know that we have a weakened bargaining position and they can withstand any attempt to cherry pick their best players by playing hardball. I was hoping we had more money and that all this stuff with Alves was an attempt to hide the fact that we had more money to spend, it doesn't seem that is the case.

Ashton, the West Ham legend, is certainly streets ahead of Kujt, the established Dutch international. I thought the former had a great world cup too, and his goalscoring record certainly puts Kujt to shame.

Jesus.

And Ashton would cost more.

So by that logic, Theo Walcott is better than Jermaine Defoe and Darren Bent? There's tonnes of excellent footballers who don't go the world cup every 4 years, this year being no exception.

There are only 3 moments i can remember about Kuyt to judge him on (if you're going to do it soley on 1 competition :whistle: Ronaldinho anyone?)

1. The impact he had in the first game when he came on as a sub:

The team gelled, hes got create teamplay and vision with a quick pass. Just from that i could see why Rafa would want him.

2. His pass in the box while flying towards the byeline against Portugal:

This sticks in my mind. A show of great strength, technique and vision.

3. His one on one against Portugal.

Not good but he didnt have another chance i seem to remember. But i dont think we're buying him for his one on one ratio.

I liked what little i saw of him and he's definitely a rafa player.

Before the World Cup many people on here were salivating at the prospect of signing Kuyt. Since then it has all cooled down.

Kuyt remains the same player who caught Rafa's attention a couple of years ago.

I've noticed that as well. There seemed to be loads of people on here before the World Cup saying that although they hadn't seen much of Kuyt, they'd heard a lot of good things about him and would trust Rafa's judgment.

Since the World Cup there has been far less of that, and in its place a lot of people writing him off on the basis of a few indifferent performances. Not saying that people have jumped from one camp to the other, as I don't recall who said what about Kuyt when, but it has made me chuckle.

Pennant done, right winger in. Leaves £6m in Rafa's kitty (according to Bascombe) plus whatever he can get for the likes of ALT, FSP, Jan and Djimi. I'm guessing we'll end up paying around £8m-£10m for him, but his club want something ridiculous like £14m which we obviously won't pay.

I guess Rafa's pretty confident going off his "one or two players by the end of the week" quote the other day. I'm not overly keen on Kuyt but admitidly have seen very little of him. Some people sugesting we'll go for Alves too if we get in the Champions League but I can't see that to be honest.

Anyway, looks like we'll probably have a sloth look-a-like named Dirk here pretty soon. Would everyone be happy enough with that?

I would personally rather Jan Klass Huuntelaar from Ajax he looks better than Kuyt IMHO, not sure how much he would cost surely not in the Kuyt region thats for sure, hes got pace and hes awesome in the air, with Gonzalez and Pennant wipping the balls in he would a score a shitload of goals.

what ever happens I wont complain I trust Rafa 100%, theres not a better manager in the world right now id rather have at the club than him simple as.

I would personally rather Jan Klass Huuntelaar from Ajax he looks better than Kuyt IMHO, not sure how much he would cost surely not in the Kuyt region thats for sure, hes got pace and hes awesome in the air, with Gonzalez and Pennant wipping the balls in he would a score a shitload of goals.

what ever happens I wont complain I trust Rafa 100%, theres not a better manager in the world right now id rather have at the club than him simple as.

Isn't he more of a little poacher like Bellamy/Fowler though? And he's just moved to Ajax. Think Rafa wants a bigger guy like Kuyt to rotate with Crouchy.

Bascombe in the Echo says we still have to sell a few to afford Kuyt which i guess was expected. Thats down to paying such an over the top fee for Pennant.

They were told it would take a figure approaching £8million to snatch Pennant, who had set his heart on a move to Anfield.

It is thought that Liverpool will pay £6.7million down, with £300,000 due on appearances. Then there are believed to be other clauses related to Premiership and Champions League success, which could net a further £500,000.

If thats true then it's a fucking awful deal. No way is he worth that.

Camorneisi is available for probably £3m, why not get someone like that in for a year and rotate with Stevie and then look to brin gin Alves next summer?

This reminds me of the Simao deal but not on the last day of the window. If it was it would be generating a huge kick off. We chased Figo all summer last year but it fell apart and we offered far more than we wanted to for Simao. Replace Figo with Alves and Simao with Pennant and your done.

Huntelaar is bigger than Kuyt. He is 188cm or 6'2, Kuyt is 183cm or 6'. Huntelaar is basically a combination of Van Nistelrooy and Shearer. He would also cost 15 million pounds or more considering he is just 23 and is scoring something like a goal a game in Holland.

They were told it would take a figure approaching £8million to snatch Pennant, who had set his heart on a move to Anfield.

It is thought that Liverpool will pay £6.7million down, with £300,000 due on appearances. Then there are believed to be other clauses related to Premiership and Champions League success, which could net a further £500,000.

Camorneisi is available for probably £3m, why not get someone like that in for a year and rotate with Stevie and then look to brin gin Alves next summer?

This reminds me of the Simao deal but not on the last day of the window. If it was it would be generating a huge kick off. We chased Figo all summer last year but it fell apart and we offered far more than we wanted to for Simao. Replace Figo with Alves and Simao with Pennant and your done.

At the start pf the summer Benitez had two right wingers in his mind - Alves and Pennant. He really wanted Alves but was happy that Pennant would be fine if a deal couldn't be struck with Sevilla.

It's not a knee-jerk last minute buy at all, he's been a target for a while, so chill out eh?

You're talking shite yet again. You moan more than Red Nick and Rashid.

Don't care who believes this guy's not the player because of a poor world cup.

We have been following him for quite some time, which would really mean rafa rating him high. Seriously hoping we get him, will be surprised if we don't.

Remember his agent saying price was less than what was speculated in the media. How much is it like, any ideas?

We've paid over the odds for Pennant by the looks of things. Now to get Kuyt on the cheap...

Well, if you believe the reports, we had £12 million to spend without making any further sales. We've now spent well over half that on Pennant.

Hope the club haven't lost Mark Viduka's number.