You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carson starts again

paddyb

team

carson

finnan carra sami traore

garcia gerrard igor risse

le tallec

baros

Interesting line up...especially since Rafa said dudek was ready. Does this mean Carson is picked ahead of Dudek?...

The team really picked itself ( if you ignore the GK position ) The one question for me was Smicer or Le Tallec in the support role. It could have gone either way. Good to see Warnock and Alonso back among the substitutes!

Walk on red men!!!!

Carson played well and was flawless except for their goal. If it was Dudek I would have been well pissed off but for some reason I'm not as angry at Carson. I think it's the fact that he's a 19 year old keeper who's still learning and not a 33 year old veteran.

That`s a good point. It`s easy to forget he`s just a 19 year old kid. He was very good, and showed his undeniable potential. The save from Del Piero was awesome!

Carson played well and was flawless except for their goal. If it was Dudek I would have been well pissed off but for some reason I'm not as angry at Carson. I think it's the fact that he's a 19 year old keeper who's still learning and not a 33 year old veteran.

Too right - his second start in what was our biggest game in years. Was superb until then. Spookily reminiscent of The Dudes howler Vs Bayer, but I'm going to give him three games before I write him off ;)

it wasnt just the del piero save that was impressive, there were a lot of ferocious efforts at goal that although they were straight at him, he could have easily spilled, I thought he was excellent, the goal apart.

Not gonna blame him one bit if we dont get through, but I feel confident of a 1-1 over there.

Have a feeling Rafa has him in mind as no1 next season.

I know exactly what you mean. To put him in for a game like this speaks volumes, as I'm sure Jerzy could have played. The commentary said there was just a slight problem with his kicking which is why he wasn't risked. I think it was more a case of Rafa wanted Carson in. Time will tell, but I can see him retaining his place for the rest of the season.

His concentration was really great. I mean, he hadn't had to use the hands for 30 minutes until his save from Del Piero. Before that all he had to do was kicking the ball. Then he made a world-class save.

And his kicking and distribution was awesome as well. One kick to Baros at the edge of the Juve area almost got us a goal. Really big kick.