You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Amorim is the kind of guy we would have been taking the piss out of 12 months ago. Now we are supposed to look at him and call him "Boss".

No. just no.

Who would be your choice? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I've already said it would be Alonso or nothing for me. We ended up with nothing.

Could give Woy a call. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I've already said it would be Alonso or nothing for me. We ended up with nothing.

He left in 2009 and hes never coming back, get over it. Its time to find someone that appreciates you

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well, we can't go with nothing. Someone has to do the post-match interview, say how proud he is of the players and moan about decisions. Maybe we could go with AI as a manager.

The only other managers in football at the moment with as much gravitas and ability as klopp, is the cunt at City, and that's less likely than Dyche getting the job.

Klopp is so far above every other candidate, that's its a very steep slant down to the next level.

Amorim is on that level and winning league's is at least a start.

We've all got to get our heads around that it's going to be very very different and it's up to us to back the next guy coming in.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

What’s happened to that lad who got a job with a French side for being really good at footy manager? 

Got caught reloading after a loss and taking over the other team to put a striker in goal.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

There isn't a ready made 2024 Klopp or Guardiola replacement so you have to look for the managers who were closer to them when they first took charge.

You'll have the same issue with players like Salah.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, niallers said:

The only other managers in football at the moment with as much gravitas and ability as klopp, is the cunt at City, and that's less likely than Dyche getting the job.

Klopp is so far above every other candidate, that's its a very steep slant down to the next level.

Amorim is on that level and winning league's is at least a start.

We've all got to get our heads around that it's going to be very very different and it's up to us to back the next guy coming in.

Yep. There is literally no point in moaning and saying 'well he isn't Klopp'. It's gutting, he was never going to stay forever but life moves on.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Doing ok with the Portugal national side.

Thats good as I think our team will have a distinct Portuguese flavour in around a years time  

People need to forget about Alonso.

He was a very good player here and became an outstanding one after he left us. Maybe he realises it's a bit of a poisoned challice coming here, but more likely he knows Ancelloti is leaving Real next year and that's the one he wants - not us or Bayern.

I'm sure he likes us, no more than Suarez, Torres or Mascherano might, but if he really loves us, he'd come. He isn't so let's just move on.

I know nothing about this guy, but he's tactically supposed to be very good. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Thats good as I think our team will have a distinct Portuguese flavour in around a years time  

Think the whole footballing arm of FSG might.

Portuguese technical director from Benfica overseeing the purchase and development of a Portuguese club, while Liverpool potentially have a Portuguese manager and backroom staff.

david-brent-ricky-gervais.gif

Julian Ward must be gutted.

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Not very impressive in Europe.

IMG_0539.jpeg

It's pretty good, only lost 20% of his games, not lost in 80%

It's shit he's only won 40% of his games and not won in 60%

Delete as appropriate.