You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - EFL Cup Semi Final, 2nd leg - Wed 24th Jan 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

We played more or less well with our starting eleven, but subs made us worse. Elliot and particularly Gravenberch were poor, and Gakpo just irritates me, as he always does that shield the ball movement even when a clear run towards goal is on and as a result seems too cumbersome.

Another final, and that’s what mattered tonight!

On the performance I thought it was very good for about an hour, only thing missing was one or two more goals to reflect our domination. Pressing was brilliant, they created nothing and our quality was the reason. After out subs we let them into the game, but we got it over the line and Wembley is the reward. Really starting to look like a team this!

Van Dijk and Mac Allister our best players I thought. Diaz good until he ran out of steam, Bradley with another convincing game, Quansah and Elliott both decent and Gomez with another solid performance. Robertson and Tsimikas returning will provide more options, but not really sure if it makes the first 11 better to be honest.

• Upvote 1

Let’s put this in perspective. Out there tonight we had Kelleher, Quansah, Bradley, Gravenberch and Elliot. Against a decent side on their home turf. And they took us into a final. That’s pretty good going.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

1-3 down in the tie and still booing Harvey who played a grand total of three games for them, 5 years ago, and ironically cheering any missed shot on goal we have. Fucking morons, this lot. 

By the way @Bjornebye and @SasaS Yes I got the job. Lost my previous one on 3rd Jan but this one is a step up in every way so I'm fucking made up. Also, off to Fuerteventura tomorrow. After a wank 12 months, life feels good today. 

New job

Holiday

Cup final 

In threes. Fucking get in. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Neg all you like, but because of profligate finishing and stepping off the gas we were a brainfart away from extra time.

Okay

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Neg all you like, but because of profligate finishing and stepping off the gas we were a brainfart away from extra time.

Don’t panic just yet. There’s still one more chance to stop us. You’ll be able to throw your weight behind Chelsea in the final.

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Mad, isn’t it? 

Never even seems like a risk with Klopp when we play a young fella. They never seem nervy with his support.

Moving to the AXA has probably made a massive difference with this. Easier to slot straight in when you've already been mixing with the senior team and having regular chats with Jurgen and the occasional hug, rather than suddenly feeling like you've graduated to big boy school and having to shake off the nerves while also trying not to disappoint  

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Let’s put this in perspective. Out there tonight we had Kelleher, Quansah, Bradley, Gravenberch and Elliot. Against a decent side on their home turf. And they took us into a final. That’s pretty good going.

Exactly.  We started that game with just three of our best side. 

I thought the first subs lost us control, the second subs steadied the ship and after that we saw it out fairly comfortably. 

• Upvote 5