You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

If I had to pick the player in the squad I like the least, it would be Elliott. 95% down to his hair & 5% due to the fact that I don't think he's very good.

I actually find it painful to look at his hair.

I too can't stand his hair or his little sex-pest goatee but he's a very talented footballer who will only get better and I'm glad we've got him. 

I've only ever hated a few players. Ruddock, even as a 9 year old I knew he wasn't the type o person we should have at this club. Diouf obviously, Charlie Adam and Paul Konchesky (fuck me they were grim times) and Glen Johnson who I still believe was a key part in us losing the title when he came back from injury and pushed Flanagan out of the side. 

Glen Johnson was great. Maybe he didn't show he cared enough at times, but he was so talented and cultured as a player. I bet Trent loved him growing up. If I had been on the forum at the time, I would have had a lot of arguments about him.

In this squad, if he doesn't kick on, Gravenberch will be someone who will probably become dislikable.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Glen Johnson was great. Maybe he didn't show he cared enough at times, but he was so talented and cultured as a player. I bet Trent loved him growing up. If I had been on the forum at the time, I would have had a lot of arguments about him.

In this squad, if he doesn't kick on, Gravenberch will be someone who will probably become dislikable.

In my opinion Jonathan Paintsil was a better player.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

In my opinion Jonathan Paintsil was a better player.

I don't even remember who that guy played for, just know he is Ghanaian.

Glenneth was just misunderstood, born in the wrong era. When you had to be a brute like Walker, Ivanovic, Sagna or Zabaleta to be considered a good right back. Nowadays, he'd be inverting like a dream.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I don't even remember who that guy played for, just know he is Ghanaian.

Glenneth was just misunderstood, born in the wrong era. When you had to be a brute like Walker, Ivanovic, Sagna or Zabaleta to be considered a good right back. Nowadays, he'd be inverting like a dream.

It was a reference to a famous post from the OP of this thread.

Johnson was the finest fullback in the world in the middle third of the pitch.

• Upvote 1

It is not hate,it's jealousy disguised as 'hate.' We are all jealous of some aspect of their life and because we cant do anything about it we say we 'hate' them. They are all hundreds of times better footballers than we ever are,they get wages that we could live on for most of our lives,in most cases and most have the trophy wife or girlfriend that many men desire. Just like the political system in this country we attack the player for our own shortcomings as fans because we aren't,or can't,change it. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It is not hate,it's jealousy disguised as 'hate.' We are all jealous of some aspect of their life and because we cant do anything about it we say we 'hate' them. They are all hundreds of times better footballers than we ever are,they get wages that we could live on for most of our lives,in most cases and most have the trophy wife or girlfriend that many men desire. Just like the political system in this country we attack the player for our own shortcomings as fans because we aren't,or can't,change it. 

don’t think that’s right.  I don’t even think the word hate is correct.

23 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

image.jpeg

I hope he does this again, just for all the jealous baldies to go mental again. If you've got it, flaunt it. I never did the above when I had my long hair, but on reflection I wish I had.

22 minutes ago, dave u said:

Code asking "what is wrong with me" has to be a 100 page thread, surely?

I was thinking that could be the where it all ended up,  Im positively surprised by the way it’s going though, people actually sticking to the subject. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Absolutely nothing to do with jealousy or we would feel the same about all of them.

Agree with Stringy that 'hate' isn't really applicable in most instances either.

37 minutes ago, Code said:

I was thinking that could be the where it all ended up,  Im positively surprised by the way it’s going though, people actually sticking to the subject. 

In terms of the topic, I'd probably say the only one I actively dislike is Salah.

*runs away giggling*

• Haha 1

Ljinders is my fall guy whether he deserves it or not. He doesn't. It's just his obsessive optimism, forced psychological tidbits. He clearly loves and is obsessed with what he does, it makes him happy. I dont like it! It's unnerving  fucking Tony Robbins, Sherry Bobbins ! I'm fucking tired, sleep will fix me not self belief! Not believe and achieve. In fact its him whispering "you can finish, your'e a phenomenal finisher" in Nunezs ear that's removing his instinct and putting the question in his head "I can do this... I'm a phenomenal boy" rather than kicking the cunt right in that giant rectangle without thought. I know it is Ljinders!