You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit Hollywood leads?

Elite

7 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Have you ever seen a whale washed up on the beach for a week?

I give you Val Kilmer, he is fucking chronic. Bloated gurning simpleton.

That’s a good shout actually. I love Top Gun but other films you think he’s taking the piss out of his own ability. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for example. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, Creator Supreme said:

Peaked when he was young. Excellent in Ferris Bueller and Wargames. Seems to have died on his arse ever since.

Good in Glory aswell.

Mind you so was everyone, brilliant film

On 27/11/2023 at 21:07, Bjornebye said:

That’s a good shout actually. I love Top Gun but other films you think he’s taking the piss out of his own ability. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for example. 

Top Secret is a good laugh.  Still, the best thing he's been in is Joanne Whalley.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Dog Day Afternoon

Glengarry Glen Ross

Donnie Brasco

I was just coming on to post those three and I also think he was really good in Godfather III and Frankie & Johnny.

He did kinda fall off a cliff a bit though.

• Upvote 1

With the likes of Pacino,de Nero etc it's more they have somewhat given up on doing much decent and seem quite happy just phoning it in. With most of these actors they still have it if they get the right project. Both would turn it up for the stage aswell 

While the films are better Sam Jackson and Denzel pretty much play themselves thesedays

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Dog Day Afternoon

Glengarry Glen Ross

Donnie Brasco

Donnie Brasco he was a support actor. He didn't live up to his name, good, but not a lead.

36 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Serpico.

Carlito's Way.

Insomnia.

As well as those others mentioned.

I know he was a lead, I just don't think he was a good one. None of the the films mentioned, to me, were that good.

The thing with De Niro and Pacino for me is they are like US version of Connery and Caine, very limited actors its just themselves in roles and they are great at doing that all four of them. It just happens that De Niro and Pacino played cool as shit roles as American gangsters and people lap that shit up, rightly so but there's nothing stand out about their acting someone like Gary Oldman is more versatile. They've varied their roles but it's the same shit "I'm blind bitch! hoo haa" 

I'll never watch a film where Melissa McCarthy is the lead. You just know its shit instantly. She is a symbol of this is going to be a waste of your fucking time, it was a waste of everyone's time and money who made it, it shouldn't exist.

On 25/11/2023 at 18:48, Bruce Spanner said:

The reason Driver is so popular is because he’s what every woman secretly wants.

Tall, smart, kinda looks after himself, has doubts about himself and is kinda ambitious without being a dick.

Tall kids who’ll be looked after and a considerate, faithful, lover.

They fantasise about Clooney, but strategise about Driver.

This sounds more like a confession.

• Upvote 1