You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Toulouse (A) - EL Grp E, Thurs 9th Nov 2023 (5:45pm)

Trumo

25 minutes ago, Freddo said:

No point reading lots into this performance. We’ve been poor, maybe bordering on unprofessional at times. But we’ll win the group.
We’ll beat Lask easily enough at home.

Sloppy as fuck, hope for much better on Sunday as we have to be at a high level to see off Brentford. 

You do have to worry, though, because this is the sort of game where it's so bad, you have to re-evaluate the level of certain squad players.

It's what should have been said by more after this summer; we didn't actually improve many areas of the squad and there will be lots to do still, among possible important departures and other declining players that will need replacing, as well.

Tsimikas, Endo, Kelleher, not good enough. Doak isn't ready. Things like that.

• Upvote 3

Very poor performance, especially in the second half. And wasn't impressed by the performances of either Kostas or Cody who were the epitome of half-arsed. I'm not even sure Cody was awake. That said, the equivalent of Darren England has made a right fuck-up on that late VAR call as any infringement over handball by Mac (and the ball came off his chest and nudged his upper arm) was long before the ball was put into the net by Quansah. I thought VAR can only get involved if any handball is by the player making the assist, or the goalscorer.

Just now, Simbo said:

That was a shite performance.

However I didn’t think VAR looked at handballs unless it led directly to a goal? There were about 3-4 passes after the handball?!

Are the standards different in Europa than in the premier league? In any case, I obviously think it's the wrong decision but again when you don't turn up for 80-85 minutes and concede 3 because of it I find it hard to feel too pissed over it. Fair fucks to the guy for actually going to the monitor even though he already pointed to the spot, fairly certain they wouldn't do that in the premier league.

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

What can you say after that?

I'm going for a shit and a Kit-Kat.

Got a packet of roast chicken crisps and and a Star Bar at the ready. Already had one Birra Moretti. Contemplating another but don’t normally do more than one on a work night.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You do have to worry, though, because this is the sort of game where it's so bad, you have to re-evaluate the level of certain squad players.

It's what should have been said by more after this summer; we didn't actually improve many areas of the squad and there will be lots to do still, among possible important departures and other declining players that will need replacing, as well.

Tsimikas, Endo, Kelleher, not good enough. Doak isn't ready. Things like that.

We improved the midfield enormously. I do think we should have got a top defender in and I don’t think Endo is the man. We need a pin athletic player in the six.

Maybe we’ll address some things in January. Another midfielder to preempt Thiago going and a centre back.

Tsimikas getting the contract was a strange one I admit.

We did not deserve an equaliser there & they fully earned their win after giving our millionaires a schooling in the second half.

We can't keep going into games with no aggression, it's been going on far too long & I think Klopp has to take responsibility for it. 

I can honestly see the wheels coming off again, the Brighton & Luton displays along with tonight's game have all been absolutely insipid. Time to sort it out & fucking fast before we get another hiding at City.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Freddo said:

We improved the midfield enormously. I do think we should have got a top defender in and I don’t think Endo is the man. We need a pin athletic player in the six.

Maybe we’ll address some things in January. Another midfielder to preempt Thiago going and a centre back.

Tsimikas getting the contract was a strange one I admit.

Thing is Thiago is effectively "gone" already as he is never available - but we refuse to properly replace players in this situation until they actually leave....it always ends up leaving us a bit short as a result.

We exacerbated that problem by then signing a player in same area of the park that Klopp does not want to play...So a couple of inevitable injuries on top which of course happens and we are down to bare bones.

Squad can't afford to carry passengers and have players who are not trusted and we have made a habit of it over last couple of years.