You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

Why does it bother people so much that he's 30?

And don't give me the Fabinho's age line, his body was busted and legs had gone. That doesn't mean Endo is also going to be burnt out, it's stupid to think that.

£16 mill, 2 good seasons and that would be ok I think. If he's any good that is. We definitely didn't need a kid at DM. Don't get me wrong we are only buying him because we fucked up badly, I'm aware of that.

But many of you would have bought Dacoure for £70 million, which is just  fucking crazy. He's shit, like really badly shit. Then we are stuck with a total turd and noway to get rid. We put ourselves in this position, but buying an experienced guy for 2 years is the best way out. I'd rather this type of buy than tanks like Dacoure or Amrabat, they have the turning circle of an Eddie Stobart lorry and Dacoure can't even play football, his touch is shit.

There isn't any good quality players at DM out there, trying to buy one who is clearly not good enough for big money is not the way out if this. 

• Upvote 6

Mate of mine is a Stuttgart fan and Endo is his first name on the team sheet. He's in despair right now. I've only seen this guy play 2-3 times but he has looked really fucking solid. 

I think this sounds like a smart move. We have a new grafter for our midfield and wont be held random for the rest of the window. We'll also buy in to the Asian Market big time. Least but not last, we get a experienced squad player - something we've lost during the last month.

People who hasn't seen Endo play should shut it anyway. Hate FSG full time, no worries, but support the team and the bloody players!

• Upvote 10

15 minutes ago, MilanJovanovic said:

Mate of mine is a Stuttgart fan and Endo is his first name on the team sheet. He's in despair right now. I've only seen this guy play 2-3 times but he has looked really fucking solid. 

I think this sounds like a smart move. We have a new grafter for our midfield and wont be held random for the rest of the window. We'll also buy in to the Asian Market big time. Least but not last, we get a experienced squad player - something we've lost during the last month.

People who hasn't seen Endo play should shut it anyway. Hate FSG full time, no worries, but support the team and the bloody players!

I think if we had been in for him earlier there might be less cynicism. He could turn out to be a very smart short term move but I am hoping we have not finished the re-build.

# My, my
At Wataru, Todd Boehly did surrender
Oh, yeah
And the fee met by Henry in quite a familiar way

The history book on the shelf
Is always repeating itself

Wataru
Bought for peanuts and signed by Jorg
Wataru
Promise to love you forevermore...#

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Why does it bother people so much that he's 30?

And don't give me the Fabinho's age line, his body was busted and legs had gone. That doesn't mean Endo is also going to be burnt out, it's stupid to think that.

£16 mill, 2 good seasons and that would be ok I think. If he's any good that is. We definitely didn't need a kid at DM. Don't get me wrong we are only buying him because we fucked up badly, I'm aware of that.

But many of you would have bought Dacoure for £70 million, which is just  fucking crazy. He's shit, like really badly shit. Then we are stuck with a total turd and noway to get rid. We put ourselves in this position, but buying an experienced guy for 2 years is the best way out. I'd rather this type of buy than tanks like Dacoure or Amrabat, they have the turning circle of an Eddie Stobart lorry and Dacoure can't even play football, his touch is shit.

There isn't any good quality players at DM out there, trying to buy one who is clearly not good enough for big money is not the way out if this. 

Milner was 29 when he signed in 2015. The age doesn't matter if he has looked after himself and he has luck with injuries. Seems a good fella. £15m is buttons. 

20 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I think if we had been in for him earlier there might be less cynicism. He could turn out to be a very smart short term move but I am hoping we have not finished the re-build.

I understand that sentiment, but the cynical slander and the ironic stereotypical jokes is hard to take.

People should go read on Stuttgart forums what their fans think about loosing their captain who recently saved them from relegation, a player who their fans refer to as LegEndo, before behaving like spoilt Chelsea brats.

This Fifa fan chatter makes the club look even more like shit.