You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

39 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Haaland cries off with an “injury” when they need him.

The big fucking goon will make an amazing recovery for Saturday. 

The Norwegian Ryan Giggs. 

I'd normally be arsed but then Nunez and Gakpo both pulled out of the internationals so I'll see if they're fit first

53 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d be happier with Mount if his job was to keep Rice company. 

I'd be quiet happy if that was most of our summer spend. Then look at seeing if they could get Mount and a CB(N'dicka on a free)out of funds raised. 

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'd normally be arsed but then Nunez and Gakpo both pulled out of the internationals so I'll see if they're fit first

Nunez was already playing with an injury and the Dutch sent Gakpo away after a dodgy chicken curry! Gakpo is back tonight.

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

One of my mates works for a bank that deals with football finances and says that West Ham have received a bid of £80 million for Rice. He thinks it's from Arsenal.   

Seems legit.

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

One of my mates works for a bank that deals with football finances and says that West Ham have received a bid of £80 million for Rice. He thinks it's from Arsenal.   

They might need a Partey replacement when he celebrates his title win at his majesty's pleasure. Allegedly etc. 

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I know I’ve mentioned him a couple of times (mainly because he’s free!) but I don’t really know how good he is.

Being able re-kindle a partnership with Konate is promising and hopefully it’d give VVD & Gomez a kick up the arse.

My main issue is having somebody with slang word for a penis in his surename.

He could free and be prime VVD 2018-20 VVD but I’d be “Yeeeaaah, but N’DICKA”

like the look of him in the clips ive watched. No nonsense with him at all, reckon he would pick up a few bookings as he looks very strong going into tackles and some of the shithouses overhere will get him booked. But looks comfortable when defending outwide, big,strong and looks quick enough. Be nice to have someone more aggressive and no willing to take any shit

A bit of Konate about him the way he just physically moves attackers off the ball, just brushes them off

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

like the look of him in the clips ive watched. No nonsense with him at all, reckon he would pick up a few bookings as he looks very strong going into tackles and some of the shithouses overhere will get him booked. But looks comfortable when defending outwide, big,strong and looks quick enough. Be nice to have someone more aggressive and no willing to take any shit

A bit of Konate about him the way he just physically moves attackers off the ball, just brushes them off

He looks very flat footed and sqaure on in that video, someone like Mo would absolutely rinse him.

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If he comes in and boots Bernardo Silva up in the air, I'd build him a statue.

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I wouldn't see the point in N'Dicka other than that he's free. He's not coming and rivaling Konate or van Dijk for a first choice spot which is what we need. He is probably about Gomez level. 

I think the point is he allows the club to move Matip on and if we need to spend most of the budget in midfield bringing in a player like him on a free would make sense. Especially as youll probably offload him 2 years later for 20ml or so

26 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I think the point is he allows the club to move Matip on and if we need to spend most of the budget in midfield bringing in a player like him on a free would make sense. Especially as youll probably offload him 2 years later for 20ml or so

I think nickel and diming at centre back is mucho not the right move. We are terrible at the back and although the midfield is being blamed for everything, from all of the world's conflicts to famine and whatever, spending all the money there won't fix everything because there are also issues elsewhere.

Van Dijk might stink now and Konaté has usual injuries. This guy is just moving sideways. We need big quality at the back. I mean, we will nickel and dime it, I'm not expecting anything else, but it will be the wrong move by the club, again.