You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

We’re top of the league and still alive in three cup competitions. I’d keep the seething rage for next season.

FSG would be brilliant owners in a sport where rules were enforced. The only alternative now is being a state’s PR exercise. 

Yip very true . Everybody should be enjoying this ride.

On Szoboszlai, Klopp said: ‘He’s outside running but not ready for tomorrow and then we have to see.’

“Dom is running outside at the moment in the winter rain. He is not ready for tomorrow [Saturday] and then we have to see. It is pretty much the same he had before, so not good he got that again. When you see the pictures, you have to take him out. We are fighting for days: is it Brentford [next Saturday], is it the final or after the final? I don’t know.”

Sounds like it's not that serious? 

Fucking state of us:

Jürgen Klopp provided updates on the fitness of Thiago Alcantara, Mohamed Salah and Dominik Szoboszlai during his press conference to preview Liverpool’s meeting with Burnley.

All three players will miss Saturday’s match at Anfield due to injury, with Thiago having picked up a muscle problem during his return to action as a substitute in last weekend’s defeat at Arsenal.

Szoboszlai was absent from Emirates Stadium after sustaining an issue in the win over Chelsea on January 31, while Salah is sidelined with the muscular complaint he suffered while on Africa Cup of Nations duty with Egypt.

Furthermore, ahead of the game against the Clarets, Klopp told the media: “We have a few problems and have to wait… We are fighting with a little bit of a flu thing in the squad so we have to see who is in the end available, so that’s all not cool.

“But in the end we will have 11 players and we will go for it.”

Klopp also confirmed that Conor Bradley will not be involved, while Ibrahima Konate is suspended. Wataru Endo is, though, available after Japan's Asian Cup campaign came to an end.

Read the manager’s words on Thiago, Salah and Szoboszlai in full below.

Thiago

“Thiago, obviously, is not cool. Everything looked absolutely fantastic in training. We showed quite a lot of things, I think, on LFCTV so you can see the training moments and it looks outstanding so you think, ‘Come on, take him, we have the opportunity, let him play a few minutes’ and then…

“It’s a muscle issue, we don’t know the extent yet. We have to wait there a little bit, but it’s not cool, of course. It was really not good news for him, for us, for everybody. On top of losing the game already and having that is not good.

“Yes [I expect him to play again this season], but we didn’t really think about that, in the moment we just treat the injury and get a full assessment done and knowing exactly where it came from. It’s not the intensity and stuff like this, so there are different things.

“It’s just the normal procedure and it would not be a big story if he wouldn’t have been out for that long a time. That’s how it is. It’s not a big, big injury, definitely not, but it’s obviously something nobody needed.”

Salah

“Right direction. We hope, but we don’t know, we hope that he can be part of parts of training next week. But we have to see, he is going through all the phases now and it’s positive. It’s either next week or the week after.”

Szoboszlai

“Dom is running outside in the moment, in the winter rain, and is not ready for tomorrow, of course not. Then we have to see. It’s like it always is with these tendon things; pretty quickly the player is pain-free and then it’s all about… it’s muscle [and] it’s pretty much the same that he had before.

“That’s obviously really not good that he got that again. He didn’t feel a great issue but when you see then the pictures you just have to take him out and now we are fighting for days, if you want. Is it Brentford, is it the [Carabao Cup] final or is it after the final? I don’t know in the moment.”

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sky sports news said earlier that klopp doesn't know who's available for tomorrow as flu has gone round the squad and they won't be able to make a call till tomorrow..I didn't see that reported earlier and wasn't part of the echo's minute by minute of the press conference. 

Was reported and is in update above

• Upvote 1

I've often wondered how footballers escape the random coughs and colds the general public get. It seems they don't escape then after all

I hope none of them get the nasty chest infection that's going around that's been given the name of the 100 day cough...... 

Mind you, they'll probably just get hopped up on steroids and antibiotics, unlike us peseants 

5 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

On Szoboszlai, Klopp said: ‘He’s outside running but not ready for tomorrow and then we have to see.’

Dom is running outside at the moment in the winter rain. He is not ready for tomorrow [Saturday] and then we have to see. It is pretty much the same he had before, so not good he got that again. When you see the pictures, you have to take him out. We are fighting for days: is it Brentford [next Saturday], is it the final or after the final? I don’t know.”

Sounds like it's not that serious? 

Liverpool's Midfielder Szoboszlai Out For Six Weeks After Contracting Pneumonia

• Haha 1

When people have been going in with OTT criticism of Trent in the past week, I've been saying he looks like he rushed back from the injury picked in the Arsenal FA cup game. He hasn't seemed in good shape since he came back. Klopp says it is the same area of the knee again.

And Klopp also mentioned that Gravenberch reported a groin injury this morning. Felt fine enough to be on the bench though. 

2 hours ago, Supremolad said:

When people have been going in with OTT criticism of Trent in the past week, I've been saying he looks like he rushed back from the injury picked in the Arsenal FA cup game. He hasn't seemed in good shape since he came back. Klopp says it is the same area of the knee again.

And Klopp also mentioned that Gravenberch reported a groin injury this morning. Felt fine enough to be on the bench though. 

Oh, he was on the bench gravenberch? I assumed he wasn't as he didn't get to come on. 

A few websites showing footage of Salah being back in full training.  What was nice to see in the background was Allison and Gomez walking out too.  Also think I say Bradley which will do him no harm, even if not ready for the match day squad, a bit of normality with his team mates will help his mindset you'd hope.

6 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

A few websites showing footage of Salah being back in full training.  What was nice to see in the background was Allison and Gomez walking out too.  Also think I say Bradley which will do him no harm, even if not ready for the match day squad, a bit of normality with his team mates will help his mindset you'd hope.

Yeah that'll all make a bit difference. So who are we left without?  Just these? 

Trent, thiago, bajcetic, Dom.