You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - Community Shield, Sat 30th Jul 2022 (5:00pm)

Trumo

22 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Doesn't matter how the cunts felt yesterday. I can tell you how I felt - fucking good. Jurgen was all smiles too which he will be even if he just won a pre season cup in Mangolia. 

That's the difference. Pep will go home after winning the title, act like it's nothing, complain his chips have become soggy and that his steak is not super well done. Jurgen will go home after the pre season cup, put on the heavy metal music, drink several pints, have couple of massive burgers, shag Ulla for 2 hours, let out a big fart, laugh his head off and sleep like a baby.

Recordings or GTFO

Couple things on this game;

My jinx worked superbly. That's clearly what it was. Of course. Team preseason performances don't really matter, but this is the most important one and it's a big win. 

Us winning and finishing the game stronger made sense. That was just their 3rd preseason game, this was our 5th. I don't know if you can interpret it this way, but it looks like we want to have a big start of the season, while City want to prioritize rest and maybe having more in the tank at the end of the season. 

The Haaland talk is exactly the same as the Nunez talk. People will focus on the negatives; the missed chances, the lack of touches sometimes, them not being the best technically, not fitting the style of play, but Haaland, like Nunez has thus far, got in all the right positions. The goals will be there. And Haaland is a bit more proven than Nunez, so he will get more benefit of the doubt.

I think Nunez has looked basically as advertised. Not great technically, but the pace, intensity and desire of his runs are incredible. If he stays fit, that kind of thing will do damage. He was feasting on a not very sharp City in those last 30 minutes. Hopefully, we see Trent chip him balls in the channels as much as possible.  

What was the situation re City's goal and the offside? There were no lines drawn, etc, or did I just miss it? I'd personally be in favour of situations like that, where the player isn't clearly offside on the freeze frame, being given onside assuming that it's applied consistently. The lines have always seemed arbitrary to me. 

One thing I noticed is that Trent stopped defending properly once the flag went up - he definitely could have done better on the goal. 

On 30/07/2022 at 18:03, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Didn't Alf Haaland play the very next game for Leeds? 

It was Keane that got injured when it was at Leeds. Keane did Haaland when he was at City. I think it's a myth that Keane ended his career though. He retired because of his other knee. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

It was Keane that got injured when it was at Leeds. Keane did Haaland when he was at City. I think it's a myth that Keane ended his career though. He retired because of his other knee. 

Didn’t Luis Garcia end Keane’ career with a fairly innocuous challenge?

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Didn’t Luis Garcia end Keane’ career with a fairly innocuous challenge?

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He got jibbed by taggart for slagging the Utd team off on MUTV then joined Celtic for 6 months. 

I think you're both right. He was out injured after that Garcia incident when he did the MUTV thing. 

On 31/07/2022 at 12:59, gkmacca said:

I don't know why some daft twats threw flares yesterday, but they've got the club investigated for it. If Paris taught us anything, it's that those weasels always go for the list - 'fined for this, fined for that...' - to justify their warped view of us. You want to say we behave well? They've got the list. The lesson is: don't give them a list. It's all such pointless stuff but you're handing them excuses. 

Probably the same daft twats who were booing the National Anthem. Liverpool fans can't complain about what seems like *everyone* having a 'warped view' of us when some of us behave in a warped manner. 

Those booing give those who hate us the perfect excuse to think we're all gobshites then complain when people call us all gobshites.

• Downvote 8

1 hour ago, thechap said:

Probably the same daft twats who were booing the National Anthem. Liverpool fans can't complain about what seems like *everyone* having a 'warped view' of us when some of us behave in a warped manner. 

Those booing give those who hate us the perfect excuse to think we're all gobshites then complain when people call us all gobshites.

I think you are a gobshite for coming on here and calling the Liverpool fans who boo the national anthem "daft twats"

A viewpoint you can have no complaints about given your logic.

24 minutes ago, an tha said:

I think you are a gobshite for coming on here and calling the Liverpool fans who boo the national anthem "daft twats"

Infantile post, not surprising.

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Really? As you seem to understand the logic of my statement, explain it then as you understand it.

On my original point, it's not just Liverpool fans who the whole country will despise, its people from Liverpool. Scousers will inevitably get knocked about over this. 

I'm sure over the years there have been discussions on here about how the moronic booing of other countries' anthems makes the world hate the British/English and how that hate would be deserved. Well, you're now wearing that tag. The whole country will be hating scousers and those who booed the anthem or agree with the booing will whinge about how no-one likes scousers and about how scousers are victimised. 

Well done.

6 minutes ago, thechap said:

Really? As you seem to understand the logic of my statement, explain it then as you understand it.

On my original point, it's not just Liverpool fans who the whole country will despise, its people from Liverpool. Scousers will inevitably get knocked about over this. 

I'm sure over the years there have been discussions on here about how the moronic booing of other countries' anthems makes the world hate the British/English and how that hate would be deserved. Well, you're now wearing that tag. The whole country will be hating scousers and those who booed the anthem or agree with the booing will whinge about how no-one likes scousers and about how scousers are victimised. 

Well done.

Obviously booing your own national anthem is completely different to booing someone else's. 

Although, if you think the country is full of people who will hate all scousers and inevitably knock them about over football fans booing the anthem, then maybe that country deserves to have it's anthem booed.  

8 hours ago, thechap said:

Fine. Then don't moan when what seems like the whole country say that Liverpool fans are gobshites.

Good Morning Britain ran a poll after the FA Cup Final asking whether Liverpool fans should be allowed to boo the National Anthem. About 75% said yes. 

If you pull your head out of the Daily Mail once in a while, you'll see that there are millions of people outside Liverpool who realise that they can't swallow all the shit that the Government and the right-wing establishment keep shovelling.