You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Defenders across this league are just going to stand in awe of this lad and allow themselves to be bullied - instead of getting fucking stuck in and kicking him.

Maybe we should get our own house in order first and actually beat them like Spurs did twice last season before we start moaning about others. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Just now, El Rojo said:

Maybe we should get our own house in order first and actually beat them like Spurs did twice last season before we start moaning about others. 

It's the same comments every game; everyone tries against us, no one tries against them. Literal little kid logic.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We absolutely should do.

But that does not really do anything to change fact that teams are just so passive and frankly beaten before they start against these so often.

I don't believe in the whole 'not trying' thing and 'trying harder v us' really - but i do think teams get it wrong so, so often v them tactically - they get away from teams so often quickly as a result and then teams knowing they are beat go through the motions/drop their intensity levels to really low levels and roll over.

We saw it towards end of last season so much when they were running up cricket scores v teams and even Villa totally folded from a rare great position due to a total lack of belief and frankly bollocks once Man City got back into game.....i'll bet you not one Villa player believed they would win that game from moment it went 2-1.

The cheating bastards are of course very, very good, but they get a massive helping hand from the tactics, attitude and then ultimately application of teams facing them.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

As I said when they signed him, it doesn’t matter if they end up being a worse team with Haaland - they’ll win more games because it’s an additional fear factor. They’ll definitely accrue more points than in 17/18 this season.

Some truth in this. 

There's non-stop media coverage of Haaland. Defenders will hear about him even if they don't want to and it will clearly seep into their brain, likely effecting them before they've even faced him. 

6 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Some truth in this. 

There's non-stop media coverage of Haaland. Defenders will hear about him even if they don't want to and it will clearly seep into their brain, likely effecting them before they've even faced him. 

I can't ever remember there being this much hype around a player before he's even kicked a ball in the Premier League.

Haarland is a goon who looked irrelevant for most of the game, but still scores two, I guess that might be the same for a large part of the season until they figure out what is the best way to maximise the potential so he scores eighty goals a season.

I'm calling it now, we'll finish above City this season.

Their squad is paper thin in places, especially in key positions like full back and wide attackers, which are essential the way the bald fraud set his teams up.

A couple of injuries in midfield and that starts to look a little lightweight as well, especially if they persevere with Grealish as he's fucking shite and ill suited to them.

We, I believe, have the better and deeper squad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

We absolutely should do.

But that does not really do anything to change fact that teams are just so passive and frankly beaten before they start against these so often.

I don't believe in the whole 'not trying' thing and 'trying harder v us' really - but i do think teams get it wrong so, so often v them tactically - they get away from teams so often quickly as a result and then teams knowing they are beat go through the motions/drop their intensity levels to really low levels and roll over.

We saw it towards end of last season so much when they were running up cricket scores v teams and even Villa totally folded from a rare great position due to a total lack of belief and frankly bollocks once Man City got back into game.....i'll bet you not one Villa player believed they would win that game from moment it went 2-1.

The cheating bastards are of course very, very good, but they get a massive helping hand from the tactics, attitude and then ultimately application of teams facing them.

I think your points are mostly valid and fair enough. But if we’d beaten them even once last season we’d have won the title. 

• Upvote 1