You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (N) - Champions League Final, Sat 28th May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

I woke up yesterday morning with a proper knot in my stomach for the first time. Nerves jangling and everything. But now, weirdly, I’m totally calm this morning? Not confident-calm. Just calm. 

I suspect tomorrow morning I’ll wake up terrified again. 

Will be interesting to see if they look to try and target TAA with Vinicius - he is a real threat and could be a massive supply line for Benzema.....By same token of course TAA could really give him a big problem.

Feel we need to help TAA down that side though which makes IMO the need to start our best midfield 3 of Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho all the more pressing....I feel we are less able to help him when we can't field that 3.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Will be interesting to see if they look to try and target TAA with Vinicius - he is a real threat and could be a massive supply line for Benzema.....By same token of course TAA could really give him a big problem.

Feel we need to help TAA down that side though which makes IMO the need to start our best midfield 3 of Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho all the more pressing....I feel we are less able to help him when we can't field that 3.

Absolutely nailed on I'd say , win ball give to modric, ball into channel.

Rinse and repeat all night , it's definitely my main concern after watching mighty wolves pull it off repeatedly on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Rinse and repeat all night , it's definitely my main concern after watching mighty wolves pull it off repeatedly on Sunday. 

Wolves are a good team and would finish pretty high in La Liga.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, elvis said:

It depends which Trent we see,and if Hendo is given that covering midfield role which closes the gaps Trent leaves. I do think we need cover for Trent in the way Tsimikas covers for Robbo.

17 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

We’re a better team than them - better players, better stats, won more games, lost fewer. Yet I simply can’t see us winning…it just feels as though it’s come at the wrong time.

Thanks mate I feel better about our chances now after reading that.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It depends which Trent we see,and if Hendo is given that covering midfield role which closes the gaps Trent leaves. I do think we need cover for Trent in the way Tsimikas covers for Robbo.

Yeah, I know Trent is incredible at what he does but it seems like people have just thought oh well Trent is unique we can't possibly have somebody else to rotate with him.

If we can find a little sleepy Greek lad that nobody has heard of to cover the left side, I'm sure our scouts are capable of finding someone with at least 75% of trents ability to cover the right. 

Wolves were crap this season and they're not exactly the type of team where you could say that stylistically they fit the Premier League stereotype of big and physical side that would give a Spanish team a problem. They're not obviously better than teams like Betis, Villarreal, Bilbao or Sociedad. 

6 hours ago, elvis said:

It's worth remembering that Wolves got fuck all from trying that trick.