You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

What the fuck is a 'modern inventor' of football? There were games played with a ball for centuries but they were not the association football we all know and love today.

Even the game of 'football' played in the 19th century in England  wouldnt be recognised by people today as football as teams regularly played with 15 players. It more closely resembled Rugby football with goals called 'rouses'' with 4 goal posts at either end of the pitch.

The game today was 'invented' in England and basically, in Sheffield hence the early laws of the game being known as the 'Sheffield rules.'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Em City said:

Haha, and one flukey World Cup decades ago to show for it.

Top brag.

Which is more than quite a few other countries out there. 

I left the UK in 1982 and I dont understand tbe hatred for England and what appears to be anything English.

• Upvote 1

Just now, belarus said:

Is that real?? Fuck me. Why the fuck have they done that?

To equal the indignation over Echo's Liverpool transfer kitty stories?

I dunno mate, what are the foreign papers like before their games? Italian papers were claiming God is an italian after their victory last night.

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’m pretty sure that’s got something to do with it. 

Enlighten me please.I left because I lost my job when Thatcher was trying to destroy Liverpool so I would like to know why people in England hate England and the English?

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I see the people who organised the online collection for the crying German girl ("to show her that not everybody in the UK is horrible") have made contact with her family. The family decided that the money raised, all £36,000 of it, should go to UNICEF.

Nice interlude over. Let's get back to being cunts to each other.

I despise her.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dunno mate, what are the foreign papers like before their games? Italian papers were claiming God is an italian after their victory last night.

Bollocks! He's from Toxteth!

• Upvote 1

The Mirror back page is obviously tongue in cheek. Fucks sake.

On another note, I generally don't go much for the England teams, largely due to the noisy,  fat-bellied, bigoted section of their fan base. As a result of their taking the knee and Southgate's comments on the issue of late they've alienated a large part of said base, including a colleague at work who's a bellwether on what right-wing cunts think. 

I won't say I'm backing them this time out, but it'll certainly soften the blow if they win to think of the cunts who'll consider it a victory for woke.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, after the game! Someone said about pinning schmeichel’s comments on the dressing room wall - I’d be sticking that in the Denmark changes if I was part of that team