You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How do you know? 

Tell me how my tax money has been spent by this person on nude pics. I'm still not getting it. 

It's allegedly paid too. I'm not sure what evidence Dave D has got apart from allegations printed in that rag. Pretty embarrassing from him, especially when the police have cleared Edwards for a second time.

• Upvote 2

Folks not looking for any respect to be shown to Edwards but let's remember and focus on the absolute scum who have used a tenuous story to try and bring down  the BBC . We liverpool fans know more than most the depths they will go to .  So while it is funny chatting about 35k wanks etc I for one don't believe one word or detail that has come out and can be attributed to their  story. Need to remember who the real enemy is here . Edwards may well be a knob but this is a non story . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Pretty embarrassing from him, especially when the police have cleared Edwards for a second time.

That in itself is meaningless. How many times did the police clear Savile? There's a whole thread here about what cunts the police are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

In all seriousness if he has had ongoing serious mental illness now requiring hospitalisation WTF was he doing still on air. Surely BBC HR must have been made aware of his illness and pulled him and admitted him then. Not when he is in the shit. Not sure this adds up.

Because people in that condition often don't tell anyone, certainly not people who aren't immediately close to them.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

In all seriousness if he has had ongoing serious mental illness now requiring hospitalisation WTF was he doing still on air. Surely BBC HR must have been made aware of his illness and pulled him and admitted him then. Not when he is in the shit. Not sure this adds up.

Are you saying anyone with a history of mental illness should not be allowed to work?

Just now, Poor Scouser T said:

Of course I'm not saying that but not fronting stuff like the queens funeral.

Why? He wasn't sat there in a gimp mask suggesting she's already stinking the gaff out. 

I wish he had been to be fair. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

To anything in particular or are you just waving your hands in the general direction of some vague entries?

You can know someone suffers from depression, you can know they've had a severe bout of depression or that they have been hospitalised in the past.

A) it doesn't mean you stop them working forever

B) you don't know what state they are in at any given point and often you only find out after the fact.

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Which is different to going to your employer, and is different to t6elling everyone the severity of it.

Thousands of people still work through depression. Alistair Campbell (who's put out an excellent statement on this, which I posted above) is just one. 

Just now, TD_LFC said:

To anything in particular or are you just waving your hands in the general direction of some vague entries?

You can know someone suffers from depression, you can know they've had a severe bout of depression in the past or that they have been hospitalised in the past.

A) it doesn't mean you stop them working forever

B) you don't know what state they are in at any given point and often you only find out after the fact.

to 19.34.If this guy was vulnerable why have him front and center.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Thousands of people still work through depression. Alistair Campbell (who's put out an excellent statement on this, which I posted above) is just one. 

We've probably all worked with people who are outwardly 'happy' but in reality are struggling massively and don't tell anyone.

Many of us, sadly,  probably no longer work with someone like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1