You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Reckoner said:

The little fuckers are super spreaders.

hope ya sister is ok mate.

She's doing well, pretty much over it. My ma has it too, she's had her worst 24 hours yet. Lots of aches and pains, didn't sleep well and she's not drinking enough fluids. We're all trying to get her through it, hopefully she will recover soon too.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

She's doing well, pretty much over it. My ma has it too, she's had her worst 24 hours yet. Lots of aches and pains, didn't sleep well and she's not drinking enough fluids. We're all trying to get her through it, hopefully she will recover soon too.

That’s terrible pal. I hope it turns out ok.

23 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'll kick her arse. Warm lemon water and lots 

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'll kick her arse. Warm lemon water and lots 

I've bought her a little pack of lemon juice in the plastic lemon pack along with honey and told her to drink some of that. Instead she's drinking a can of diet coke and a cup of tea.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've bought her a little pack of lemon juice in the plastic lemon pack along with honey and told her to drink some of that. Instead she's drinking a can of diet coke and a cup of tea.

Sounds like my bird. She's the same. 

On 12/02/2021 at 07:02, Sugar Ape said:

Got the worst headache I’ve ever had in my life, assuming off this vaccine. Haven’t been able to sleep a wink, feels like my brain is trying to burst out of my skull. I suffer badly from migraines as well and have to take medication for them daily but still never had anything like this. 

Arm feels like it’s been punched by Rocky as well. Obviously preferable to getting Covid like but fucking hell. 

I had the AZ vaccine too..a bit of a headache for a day..my arm was sore for a couple of days. I woke up bunged as fuck for about 6 days, on the 5th and 6th my nose ran all day then just seemed to clear. But I didn't really feel ill, just shattered in the 1st 24 hours. And I've not slept properly since (9 nights now). It reminds me of when I was on steroids. I've had a skinful of booze today, so I'm hoping to sleep like a baby tonight. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Well it's either eugenics or they want to kill off anyone that costs them money whether that's pensioners or the disabled. 

The unemployed, the sick, children, in work benefit claimants all cost them money.  No reason not to think it's eugenics nor that they're incapable of it.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Imagine trying to open things, like pubs, which are what people really want, despite evidence to the contrary that it is not responsible to do so, just so you could get a positive showing in local elections.

They wouldn't, would they?

They did it last year to get headlines in the papers... 

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

I know, it was rhetorical, I really wouldn't put anything past them.

I know we keep saying this, but I hope this doesn't back fire.

We are getting through this and we can't have, yet another, fuckup.

If anyone can pull defeat from the jaws of victory, it's these useless cunts. They'd quite happily see tens more thousands die if it placates their backbench loons.

• Upvote 1

On 11/02/2021 at 09:10, Section_31 said:

Working from home needs some serious thougnt, I had the first physio trip I've ever had last night because my posture has fucked my neck up, they've had loads of people in the same boat. It's a lonely life too, loads of mental health problems down the road. People will simply forget how to interact, let alone the damage to town centre economies.

On 11/02/2021 at 09:30, Jairzinho said:

People have already forgotten how to interact.

I never interacted in the first place...

Our firm has gone the other way, expanding office space and working from the office. Home working didn’t really work for us as too many of us weren’t disciplined enough and I have to lug my fat arse to court and the police station anyway.

Its a nice concept but I accept I don’t have the discipline.

13 hours ago, Aventus said:

Well it's either eugenics or they want to kill off anyone that costs them money whether that's pensioners or the disabled. 

Sadly, I think it’s more of the opportunism that saw them shoehorn Covid patients into care homes. Get those bills down with a bit of quick population control. Still cuntery of the highest order no matter what way you look at it.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Sadly, I think it’s more of the opportunism that saw them shoehorn Covid patients into care homes. Get those bills down with a bit of quick population control. Still cuntery of the highest order no matter what way you look at it.

Agreed. It's inconceivable the Tories could have any master-plan in place beyond next Wednesday afternoon 

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I know, it was rhetorical, I really wouldn't put anything past them.

I know we keep saying this, but I hope this doesn't back fire.

We are getting through this and we can't have, yet another, fuckup.

Brace yourselves for a few weeks of re-opening and a fourth lockdown-

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Brace yourselves for a few weeks of re-opening and a fourth lockdown-

Yeah, they've been leaking plans to the rag and the Times to test the waters as is their MO.

Pubs will be take away I think and you can hang around in the beer garden, if they have one.

Their stupidity knows no bounds.

• Upvote 1