You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

The failure to add India onto the red list sooner and control transit through the UKs borders looks like it's been yet another failure by the incompetent kleptocratic overlords the English love to elect. I think one of the most deleterious things mentally associated with the pandemic is realising those in power have very little inclination to actually try and curb the damage done to public health or learn any lessons from the previous waves.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

The failure to add India onto the red list sooner and control transit through the UKs borders looks like it's been yet another failure by the incompetent kleptocratic overlords the English love to elect. I think one of the most deleterious things mentally associated with the pandemic is realising those in power have very little inclination to actually try and curb the damage done to public health or learn any lessons from the previous waves.

Yeah, R back above one, cases growing by the multiple by the day, just as restrictions and attitudes are loosening?

Where have we seen this before...

Further to this yesterday Private Eye ran a story about a PR/Nudging Dept company that had been awarded a £300m contract, obviously connections to the Tories, with a remit to get people out after the first lock down. They explicitly tried to avoid as much as possible mentioning masks, social distancing etc. all with the intention of getting the economy kick started whilst ignoring medical and scientific advice at the behest of the Gov.

Said it before, but charges should be brought at some in power, their advisors and a wider rabble of cunts for the way this has been handled.

• Upvote 1

Been saying it for ages with regards our approach to the pandemic, like Trump's, it's the definition of populism. Populism is the art of simple solutions to complex problems (build a wall to stop immigration etc, get Brexit done). 

Our approach and Trump's approach was just about vaccines, spend loads of money, get a vaccine, stick it in people's arms.

Anything more complex or demanding than that isn't going to happen, India embargos, track and trace, secure borders - no chance. 

Our only hope is that the vaccinations drop transmission and number of hospitalisations/deaths considerably, but I think there is a strong possibility that it will be used as a cover/excuse while the variant is allowed to spread. Though maybe I'm being too pessimistic, the burn they would have gotten from the autumn-winter wave may have changed outlooks slightly. Mind you if the variant has peaks in the North they won't give a fuck.

Our senior management mob have been telling us they expect a third surge through August/October, though this has moved about a bit as originally they were talking about July 2021 back in March last year and that was the line they were holding until recently.

Among the population the lack of understanding about large data sets and small service capacity keeps coming through in conversations I have/overhear, I think distribution of those original videos where people used water to indicate the flow of patients and associated infections would be useful again.

• Upvote 2

Bolton's cases doubling and may need a local lockdown, I'd be shocked if this was anything to do with the high percentage of disinformation which has been doing the rounds there on Facebook groups and the like, it always has been an inverted version of ancient Athens. Absolute shitpile. 

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Over 50's are now the most vulnerable?

I thought the MOST vulnerable had already had their second jabs? I know lots have.                   

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Americans stripped off their masks Thursday as the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention made the sudden announcement that vaccinated people no longer need to wear them indoors or outdoors. 

Spring break for the middle aged, middle class republicans. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Interesting that the British Journal released a piece today saying that vaccines appear to be more effective with longer than three weeks between jabs.

Convenient.

The NHS website says clinical evidence for the AstraZeneca vaccine shows better efficacy following a twelve week gap.

I had my AstraZeneca jabs exactly four weeks apart. I was concered that I wouldn’t receive as much protection as I might do, but the nurse assured me the difference between four and twelve weeks is negligible.

25 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Press conference at 5.  Looks like the pubs aren’t opening on Monday. 

Yeah, Wales and Scotland out the blocks earlier again.

They’ve fucked up, again.

Just fuck off you incompetent cunts.

Yesterday Mary Wakefield, wife of Dominic Cummings, put in her testimony: “My husband, who was working for Boris Johnson at the time, came home incredulous one day in late February 2020: ‘I’ve seen the plan, and I’m afraid it’s not a plan at all. It’s just a plan to have a plan at some stage".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Press conference at 5.  Looks like the pubs aren’t opening on Monday. 

Don't think it affects Mondays opening.

Everything seen on sky and bbc site points to Monday happening as planned....todays briefing is not expected to change it.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Don't think it affects Mondays opening.

Everything seen on sky and bbc site points to Monday happening as planned....todays briefing is not expected to change it.

Yep that utter cunt , the Corona Minister, whose name escapes me said today it was going ahead.

Being led by the science again. Never mind people in the graveyard can't vote.

37 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Yep that utter cunt , the Corona Minister, whose name escapes me said today it was going ahead.

Being led by the science again. Never mind people in the graveyard can't vote.

Can't see any reason why it should not go ahead.

Daily deaths are very low, people in hozzy well down, vaccination programme moving forward every day.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Can't see any reason why it should not go ahead.

Daily deaths are very low, people in hozzy well down, vaccination programme moving forward every day.

I would be cautious and wait to see how this India thing progresses rather than risk spreading it everywhere.

We are seeing 2k infections picked up daily and no really decent data released on how much protection the vaccines give against it. Most importantly I do not trust the Tories to place peoples safety ahead of political expediency 

26 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I would be cautious and wait to see how this India thing progresses rather than risk spreading it everywhere.

We are seeing 2k infections picked up daily and no really decent data released on how much protection the vaccines give against it. Most importantly I do not trust the Tories to place peoples safety ahead of political expediency 

Best thing they could have done was stop the variant being imported by putting India on red list ages ago...

The thing is only here because we have let it in 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Best thing they could have done was stop the variant being imported by putting India on red list ages ago...

The thing is only here because we have let it in 

That’s always going to be the case, it’s virtually impossible to stop, it’s a virus, virus mutate, we can’t go on living like this 

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

That’s always going to be the case, it’s virtually impossible to stop, it’s a virus, virus mutate, we can’t go on living like this 

Oh i agree.

My point is instead of continually locking us down and shuttering society in terms of day to day life just stop allowing people in and out of the country so freely and without proper checks etc.....especially to and from places like India....fucking Pakistan was on red list before India was.

Then we can after doing all we have been asked to for over a year start our lives here seeing normality.

• Upvote 1