You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) 20/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A day on, Atkinson's performance rankles even more. It was Ferguson-era stuff - we were blown up whenever anything approaching contact was made, breaking up our rhythm all the time. Beyond blatant.

Doesn't excuse an awful performance by ourselves for 70 minutes, but it was a depressing return to the past in terms of officiating. Hope the club makes plenty of noise about it in the build-up to the return fixture.

I'd love to have the return of Penopool. 

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A day on, Atkinson's performance rankles even more. It was Ferguson-era stuff - we were blown up whenever anything approaching contact was made, breaking up our rhythm all the time. Beyond blatant.

Doesn't excuse an awful performance by ourselves for 70 minutes, but it was a depressing return to the past in terms of officiating. Hope the club makes plenty of noise about it in the build-up to the return fixture.

Agree with this. I noticed quite a few times that we were holding back from challenges fearing a free kick while they were able to fly in and win the 50/50 challenges riskfree. As they tired after 70 minutes we were able to take control as the free kicks dried up.  

15 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

It's ok I've had a shit morning. Angry head on, so anyway a point out of the shitness of Castle grayskull not too bad considering the performance we gave... 

I would have taken our points tally at the start of the season. Horrible horrible place to go, fucking mutants.

Still annoyed by what happened yesterday but fuck it now, move on and win the next one. OT is just a shit place for us to go no matter how godawful United are playing. Just consider this one game a write-off and get back to normal for the next match and restart our winning sequence.

The ref was shit, but we all know they are shit and these things happen.  We get plenty going our way too.

The issues in that game were mostly psychological in my opinion. Utd and Everton are absolutely shite and we should be getting 12 points in these games.  However, years and years of derby matches tell us that form means nothing.

Utd had a plan and a large chunk of the press  say it worked.  I am not so sure it did to the extent these people are banging on about it.  Trent and Robbo had untold crosses, Ox was wasteful a couple of times (good overall though), bobby and Gini should have done better - it looked like we froze - I am not sure if that is down to the occassion/tiredness or a mixture of both.  However, good cameos from Ox, Lallana and Keita will hopefully allow the likes of Robbo, Henderson to have a rest.

We can't win them all, I think we would have lost this one in the past and a point at OT isn't a bad reset.  I am glad the winning run stat can be put to bed - stats spanning seasons are shite and should be binned off.  I felt we had a few resets last year that didn't affect us (losses in the cups) and let's hope this one becomes a positive.   

Teams are starting to think that even if we go behind, we will draw or win.   We need other teams to know they have already lost  - that's what the great Taggart sides had and what we had in the 70s and 80s.  We are not too far off that and the improvement is quite remarkable.

Let's make sure we kill them at our place!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rb14 said:

They and their supporters will be fucking rocking. 

On the contrary, I turned it on at full time and their fans had emptied quicker than a bucket with no bottom, and all you could hear was YNWA ringing around OT.

13 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

Trent and Robbo had untold crosses

If there is anyplace we can improve it is here -- most of these were absolute cack. I know both have been great but the majority yesterday that didn't hit the first man were just aimless/hopeful. If we could add the type of chances City creates time after time -- the cut back played on the ground - it would help.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Still gutted over Ox's overhit pass to Trent in the last minute of injury time. If he'd got it right Trent had an easy square ball across for Bobby/Sadio to tap in the winner. Frustrating doesn't come close to describing yesterday's game.

Yep, I thought we were going to grab a late winner. Also the ball that dropped to big Virg at the back post, it was just slightly behind him, otherwise he had a clear shot on goal or the chance to drive it back into the mix. I was literally shocked that Atkinson let us take that last corner. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

If we'd gotten a penalty in injury time yesterday, Atkinson would have blown up just as our taker made contact.

No chance, it wouldn't have got past VAR. 

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

One injury turned our team to utter shit which was entirely predictable since everyone with working eyes knows Origi doesn't fit. 

Salah has been awful at Old Trafford. He's made absolutely no difference there and he wouldn't have yesterday either unless he could have by himself stopped 3/4's of the starting eleven from shitting themselves on the ball.

27 minutes ago, Grinch said:

One injury turned our team to utter shit which was entirely predictable since everyone with working eyes knows Origi doesn't fit. 

Anyone with working eyes has seen that the same player who came in won us games last year and the backups have provided depth over the past 18 months too

• Upvote 1

The Mancs crumbled after we levelled and just a pity we didn't have another 5 or 10 minutes to finish the job.

Yes we were poor and let the crowd and the occasion unsettle us but for all the noise about Utd Alisson had little to do of any note . They got a fortuitous break with their goal and roared on by the rabid dogs ran for their lives. Seen it many times where the underdogs grab a lead and double their effort to defend it. We had some decent chances which went begging despite our poor display. VAR has been kind to us so far this season and it was unfortunate we got the shitty end of the stick yesterday against our fiercest rivals. Fuck it anyway we were bound to drop points at some point.

From a City fan on Twitter:

'Liverpool have dropped points in 9 of the last 47 games (19%). Atkinson has reffed them 9 times in that time, dropping points 4 times (44.4%). City have dropped points in 15 of the last 85 games (17.64%). Atkinson has reffed us [CITY] 7 times, dropping points 4 times (57.14%). '

From the Echo:

'According to the referee, United didn’t commit any fouls between the 22nd and 72nd minutes.'

13 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

From a City fan on Twitter:

'Liverpool have dropped points in 9 of the last 47 games (19%). Atkinson has reffed them 9 times in that time, dropping points 4 times (44.4%). City have dropped points in 15 of the last 85 games (17.64%). Atkinson has reffed us [CITY] 7 times, dropping points 4 times (57.14%). '

From the Echo:

'According to the referee, United didn’t commit any fouls between the 22nd and 72nd minutes.'

Damning stats those