You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

Football aside, without doubt the worst ground in the prem and possibly, the prem and the championship. 

Not sour grapes here, we were shit and we were dragged down to their level, though having said that, if we had something that resembled a reasonable substitution level for our 'front 3' then perhaps, just perhaps, we may of beaten the bang average brethren from across the park.

If i can work it out, I'll show you the view from row S... S for shite. Sad apart is you have to get/go down to to row H, before you don't feel like you're on an iron Galleon ship. 

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Salah and Mane have played the first and second most minutes respectively of any players in the top 10 scoring chart. Salah is on 800 more minutes than Lukaku .. 400 more minutes than Sterling .. 600 more minutes than Aguero. Because City have so much talent in attack that they can just rotate the likes of Sterling & Aguero in and out, and keep them fresh.

It is just way too much pressure on the two of  Salah & Mane - physically and mentally. People will be falling over themselves to make the "Liverpool bottled it" analogy fit - objectively, our best players have been ran into the ground, and our second tier of players (Keita, Henderson, Sturridge etc.) are just up to nothing at all.

The best and closest analogy at the moment is Napoli & Juventus last year .. two very good, 90+ points teams .. one of whom will probably have 25% more miles on the clock of their best players come the end of the season than the other. And that'll probably account for the few points difference that the title will be decided on.

Sterling has only 80min less then Salah if your source is transfermarket.com

good post tho, but i still think Salah, who most of us think is in top 5 in the world ,should carry this team at the moment. 

I i dont know why we again fail to strenghten our team in the winter transfer window when we know how bad it fucked us in our last title run in. 

I've never had a big issue with Everton, not being from Liverpool and all. I've always found their antics to be amusing more than anything else.

That final whistle though...that roar just infuriated me. The cunts have gained nothing from the result, aside from extending their winless streak in the derby by another 6 months at least. But nah they stopped Liverpool from gaining all 3 points. *slow clap* Well done, you Agent Smith cunts. 

I've not had the best time of late, personally. The footy has been a nice distraction from it all, so the reds having a genuine title challenge has been ace. As disappointing as the draw was, their reaction just sent me over the edge. Fuck sake. Pricks. 

• Upvote 2

Klopp's loyalty to players that put in a shift has got us from Europa League qualifying round regulars to title challengers and Champions League knockout stage shoe-ins.  The man can do no wrong in my eyes. The game is rigged.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, A_S said:

I've never had a big issue with Everton, not being from Liverpool and all. I've always found their antics to be amusing more than anything else.

That final whistle though...that roar just infuriated me. The cunts have gained nothing from the result, aside from extending their winless streak in the derby by another 6 months at least. But nah they stopped Liverpool from gaining all 3 points. *slow clap* Well done, you Agent Smith cunts. 

I've not had the best time of late, personally. The footy has been a nice distraction from it all, so the reds having a genuine title challenge has been ace. As disappointing as the draw was, their reaction just sent me over the edge. Fuck sake. Pricks. 

Be thankful you don't have to live here and come into contact with them. They are the most mind numbing, boring, repetitive, morose twats you could imagine. 

I'd actually feel sorry for them if they weren't so bitter and nasty.

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Be thankful you don't have to live here and come into contact with them. They are the most mind numbing, boring, repetitive, morose twats you could imagine. 

I'd actually feel sorry for them if they weren't so bitter and nasty.

The older ones are generally very sound. They remember when their club was top class and they actually won trophies rather than their cup final being stopping liverpool winning the league.

The always the victim chant was incredibly sad. Hillsborough was an attack on our city by the establishment and they would have received the same treatment. Close on all older everton fans would recognise that, but the younger scruffs wouldn't know their "istree". They nicked it from mancs as well the unoriginal twats.

This is what a title winning side does, draws the big games away and powers through at home. I'm looking at our fixtures and we can get 27 points out of 27. The only two hard ones are at home and the crowd will be immense for those games because it has to be. I still think we're on here. City will drop at least 2 points somewhere. Get behind the lads 100% and lets see what happens. Fuck being negative. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Boss said:

This is what a title winning side does, draws the big games away and powers through at home. I'm looking at our fixtures and we can get 27 points out of 27. The only two hard ones are at home and the crowd will be immense for those games because it has to be. I still think we're on here. City will drop at least 2 points somewhere. Get behind the lads 100% and lets see what happens. Fuck being negative. 

This. I had to drop out of live thread earlier as it was all too negative. Sure, the game was shit and a winner was only going to be determined by a colassal fuck up or a moment of sheer brilliance. Otherwise it was nailed on for a 0-0 for their World Cup Final. We looked sloppy and they are a due a win. The senile old cunt Hodgson was here when they last got something of us nearly a decade a go. All they had going was the law of averages. Title was not determined tonight.  We are better as underdogs than clear favourites. We diddnt lose, women in north Wales wont be needing dental surgery in the morning and still 27 points left. This wasnt Chelsea in 2014 when you knew it was over.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Hades said:

Klopp's loyalty to players that put in a shift has got us from Europa League qualifying round regulars to title challengers and Champions League knockout stage shoe-ins.  The man can do no wrong in my eyes. The game is rigged.

Good points this.

Our season in the league is beyond excellent. One game lost in March and an unbelievable points tally.

We’re winning or drawing the games we don’t play well. We’ve made keeping clean sheets a habit. And on our day we’re one of the best attacking teams in world football.

Klopp has taken us from also rans on a road to nowhere to a team able to compete with the best again.

On one hand I’d be totally gutted if we don’t win the league this season, as our perfomance level deserve it. On the other hand the fact that we’re competing with a plastic club on artificial fundings in a strange way makes it more bearable. Somewhere along the way football lost it’s way and it somehow means less now than it used to. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Mate City lost to Newcastle -- HAH. New fucking Castle. 

Yup they did. But then in almost all the other matches they made it like they played the under 12 team. 

Anyway, 3 hours of sleep calmed me down a bit. So here, we are one point of the top with only the easy away matches left. If we can beat Spurs & Chelsea at home, we have a great chance because City will drop points. Come on Liverpool! 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

On the other hand the fact that we’re competing with a plastic club on artificial fundings in a strange way makes it more bearable. Somewhere along the way football lost it’s way and it somehow means less now than it used to. 

The shitness of modern football...

If it were 1978/79... we would be a point ahead now.  49 to 48.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boss said:

That's the spirit, Boss.

I genuinely believe we can at least manage W8 D1.

United and Everton were cunt games to have on consecutive Sundays.

Watford midweek is more faithful to how we'll be from now on.  

The League Title might still be coming home.

• Upvote 3

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

On one hand I’d be totally gutted if we don’t win the league this season, as our perfomance level deserve it. On the other hand the fact that we’re competing with a plastic club on artificial fundings in a strange way makes it more bearable. Somewhere along the way football lost it’s way and it somehow means less now than it used to. 

This is it for me. Having flown around Europe to attend our routine dose of misery over the past decade and a bit -- Athens; Basel; Kiev, not to mention Palace and numerous dour domestic cup fixtures -- it would be beyond sensational to see us finally lift that league trophy, but I'm equally sanguine enough to know that we're not only competing against one of the greatest managers to have ever played the game in Guardiola, but that he's also essentially doped up to his eyeballs in dirty money - money generated completely outside the football stratosphere. It makes an already difficult task nigh on impossible.

I just hope it doesn't create any bitterness towards Klopp if we do fall short with a measly 90 points or some other such ridiculous total. He's built an absolutely wonderful football team that - on its day - marries the very best of Rodgers' attacking football with the steel of Rafa Benitez's. He's spent money, sure .. but Keita aside it has ALL been spent fantastically well, and almost all of it was generated by our own sales. It is a sad reality that football league trophies are decided by an abstraction of a few points here and then; over 38 games, whether we come first or second, the most important aspect will be that he's done a job with the club and the team I don't think another living manager on earth could have done, given the same circumstances to work from. He's pure class.

11 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Oh give it up for fucks sake!

You gave it up before the first ball of the season was kicked.

Seriously, if you are so incapable of taking pleasure from football, why do you bother?  If you can't enjoy a title challenge, you're following the wrong sport.

Went to a christening today, ended up watching it in Aigburth Peoples Hall. Had a beer with Phil Thompsons son. Game was shite. Spread was great. Still in with a shout and I still fancy us to do it. 

Up Jurgens frustratingly annoying beautiful Reds 

• Upvote 1

If you had have been offered being one point behind at this stage of the season you would have taken it. Its a slight shame as i do believe we did have a chance a few weeks to keep some clear day light between ourselves and city which may have made it a lot easier. Two very tough against the bitter rivals is tough and we deserved tow in at least one of them had we taken our chances. This one is going to the last game of the season, and possibly goal difference. The great advantage we have is less games towards the end of the season, this will make a huge difference and city will feel the pressure being at the top. One game at a time.