You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

Not arsed I still think we win this league by a point. 27 points to play for keep the faith. Let them celebrate their draw whilst in 10th and still haven't won a derby in 9 years. We march on, it might be to victory it might be to defeat but we march on regardless and if we don't win it this year we go again.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Salah and Mane have played the first and second most minutes respectively of any players in the top 10 scoring chart. Salah is on 800 more minutes than Lukaku .. 400 more minutes than Sterling .. 600 more minutes than Aguero. Because City have so much talent in attack that they can just rotate the likes of Sterling & Aguero in and out, and keep them fresh.

It is just way too much pressure on the two of  Salah & Mane - physically and mentally. People will be falling over themselves to make the "Liverpool bottled it" analogy fit - objectively, our best players have been ran into the ground, and our second tier of players (Keita, Henderson, Sturridge etc.) are just up to nothing at all.

The best and closest analogy at the moment is Napoli & Juventus last year .. two very good, 90+ points teams .. one of whom will probably have 25% more miles on the clock of their best players come the end of the season than the other. And that'll probably account for the few points difference that the title will be decided on.

Great post that.

• Upvote 1

If it's still winnable on the last day of the season, I'll love it cos I'm going.

I'll do live updates from the ground to the FF match thread. With interesting stuff like pies and my IT-Consultant-mate Bri having a pint and doing bad Kloppo impressions.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Shithouse Courinho and Reuben Neves come on down you fuckers. 

Neves would be a good signing for next season. We really could do with coutinho in this team. 

Anyhow, city will drop points at some point i think. Maybe not and if they don't, taking away my dislike for the element on bluemoon and the fact they are obnoxiously wealthy, they deservedly go down as a great side.

We have used up a few lives that were gifted to us but they were used on three very hard games away and leicester at home. We probably need to win 8 of 9 now which will be a tall order but it is what it is.

Teams fighting for their lives at bottom of table often cause upsets towards end of season.

Or grudge games can be tricky, where there is a rivalry/some agg.

Teams fighting for top 4/europe etc...

Looking at table and fixture list - does not luck too hopeful for us - most of City's games are dead rubbers v mid table dross.

Watford H....mid table shite who don't travel

Fulham A....down anyway...gutless and can't defend.

Cardiff H....shite but balls deep in relegation fight - shame not at Cardiff.

Palace A.....comfortable mid table dross.

Tottenham H....Spurs will need a win to maintain lead in top 4 race.....maybe first game in list result is in slight doubt.

Man Utd A....the one big challenge for City - they should need to win for top 4...of course if they don't then they will lay down.

Burnley A .... they'll be comfortably clear of relegation by then - no threat.

Leicester H....more mid table fuck all to play for dross.

Brighton A....yet more fuck all to play for dross.

Our fixtures:

Burnley H....Dyche hates us, they'll be in full on spoiling mode.

Fulham A....down anyway...gutless and can't defend.

Tottenham H....Not great timing a top 4 side straight after poxy intenational shite - but they'll have players away too...

Southampton A....will be another 'cup final' away - their fans hate us...it's been moved to a Friday under lights...they'll be right up for this and they are balls deep in a dogfight.

Chelsea H...another team with it all to play for trying to get Top 4 and of course we hate each other...always a big game and they always do well v us at Anfield.

Cardiff A.....balls deep in dogfight, hopefully down by then but if still alive they'll throw everything at us.

Huddersfield H....easiest game left for us.

Newcastle A...should be a comfortable game v mid table dross.

Wolves H....given we could need to win to win title should be a nice game v a team on beach.

I make their games a fair bit easier than ours.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

We’ve just come up short there. I feel sad rather than angry. The worst thing is that nothing about this game was surprising. We’ve punched above our weight but we are just not quite as good as we may have thought earlier this year. 

Its more about our failure to act in January when we knew we needed reinforcements to stay close to City and keep our players fresh. I also don't know why Klopp has got Lallana anywhere near the first team even with our small squad. All that said,we are still right in there and if we had anybody else but Klopp in charge I would have thrown in the towel.

• Upvote 1