You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though he looks like the kid off this is England I like Pickford. Not just the saves, I like how he's bollocking the defenders and getting in the oppositions faces. Been years since I've seen somebody in a Liverpool shirt do that.

And Portugal. Seems to only happen in the euros though. Although this World Cup has been so odd there isn't actually a Germany/Italy left to old man them. Mind you it's probably Croatia, followed by France or Belgium. All of which are better than England.

Aye, but this is basically the Euros now.

Croatia, France and Belgium should all beat England.

But there's that should again...

Aye, but this is basically the Euros now.

Croatia, France and Belgium should all beat England.

But there's that should again...

It's possible with one off matches now. You'd assume the best teams would rise to the challenge but we've seen it before. Croatia have not been great in knock out football. If England did get to the final I think they'd have more chance against France given the way they set themselves up. 

The BBC commentating is ridiculous. It's like we're listening to Clive Tylseley commentating on the mancs playing naked.

I have been enjoying it. The build up to Wednesday is going to be wonderfully over the top, which is going to make the conclusion much sweeter.

I have been enjoying it. The build up to Wednesday is going to be wonderfully over the top, which is going to make the conclusion much sweeter.

Could you argue it would be funnier waiting until the final? Riskier, admittedly, but funnier.

I mean, imagine if Hazard, De Bruyne and co put six past them.