You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

It turns out I didn't have as much spare cash to put to this as I thought, either, as one of my mortgage payments hadn't gone out of my account (December) so when I realised and sorted it, it left me with £75 for the rest of Jan.

Not great.

I'm officially over double my money again now (£825 in) so could take some out to cover me, but the FOMO won't let me.

Cheap beans and toast for the month for me, and put my petrol on my credit card.

I’ve just been to my mums. Seems her mate who has fallen for every pyramid scheme going from weight loss products to make-up and tooth whitening kits bought £6k worth about a year ago.

That's fucking brilliant!

I was reading a thread earlier from 2013... this poster was saying "If this did ever reach £1000 and we were all millionaires, how much tax would you pay!"

He's probably somewhere on a private island now!

Eric Choe

@CryptoChoe

21h21 hours ago

More

My Top 10 - 2018 Moon Shot List:

1. #ENG $2 to $280

2. #XVG $0.2 to $5

3. #RDD $0.01 to $0.13

4. #XRP $2 to $20

5. #IOTA $3 to $30

6. #EOS $8 to $50

7. #XRB $24 to $200

8. #TRX $0.04 to $1.50

9. #BTS $0.70 to $12

10. #ETN $0.08 to $3

Is that a wish list or a worthwhile projection?

And who the fuck is he?

He's just a bit of a voice on twitter. I am following fucking loads of them now. I see how many are talking about a coin, research it myself and make a decision. I would use this as a starting point for research!

Do these crypto thingies have a trading day (like FTSE, NYSE) or is it 24 hours? Brilliant way to spread bet if so, which is tax free.

It trades 24/7... the prices vary quite widely on different exchanges too. I'm sure there is money to be made there, but I am making keeping it simple, so haven't looked into it.

Verge (Xvg in list above) fucked up their long awaited wraith protocol release on new years eve.

Was expected to rise to 0.50 cents when wraith released.

It's dropped massively since then to 0.14.

It will go up eventually but will take a long long time for them to recover reputation.

Also if you are getting into this, beware of pump and dump frauds.

There are massive groups of users on discord and telegram who all temporarily buy coins to bump up price then they all sell instantly.

You should join these groups to know what coins are temporarily being pumped by these knobs and not buy off the back off huge jumps you see (fomo)

• Upvote 1

If you've not got huge amounts of money to play with then avoid regular trading.

Pick 3 or 4 coins and hold them for a month each or so then choose to trade.

Generally if I make big profits of a coin, I sell half and hodl the rest.

That's pretty much what I'm doing at the moment, just looking for some guidance/knowledge of the markets/coins etc and twitter is a great resource. Currently got some Cardano and Tron, but the portfolio is only worth $350, will look to invest some more in them soon as they look like good longer term options

That's pretty much what I'm doing at the moment, just looking for some guidance/knowledge of the markets/coins etc and twitter is a great resource. Currently got some Cardano and Tron, but the portfolio is only worth $350, will look to invest some more in them soon as they look like good longer term options

Keep tron until at least the end of this month.

Penny coins offer the greatest chance of big returns.

It's easier to go from 0.01 to 0.10 than 1 to 10... but it's the same return.

POE had a big jump this past week so you've probably missed that one but still got potential

There is a coin burn coming up for Tron in Q1, so do not sell. Also they are being added to a major exchange.

In terms of Twitter, search the coin tag with the dollar sign in front $ENG $TRX $LEND. You will get loads of posts selling exchanges, but in between that there are some great posters. It's also good to gauge the positivity/negativity and general noise. Often links will send you to new and interesting sites. I've found it a great resource!

Jeez today has been a rollercoaster. There was a huge correction about an hour or so ago, but the market has already recovered.

If you've not got huge amounts of money to play with then avoid regular trading.

Pick 3 or 4 coins and hold them for a month each or so then choose to trade.

Generally if I make big profits of a coin, I sell half and hodl the rest.

Great advice.

It's hard to just focus on a few, but do your homework and this is the best way for non-pros like us.

XLM, XRP, TRX have all done wonders for me. If I was going in again now, I might look at those 3 and also ENG, ELF, LEND, IFT and a few more and then narrow it down.

For info, I read tonight that WAN /Wanchain is about a week away. This will fly out of the blocks!

Into the 13th working day of waiting for a withdrawal from Coinbase. Not a chance I'm putting any decent money in until it proves it can be trusted.

Have you counted all bank holidays over Christmas?

I got an email saying mine would be delayed up to 7 days, but then got my money the same day.

Have you counted all bank holidays over Christmas?

I got an email saying mine would be delayed up to 7 days, but then got my money the same day.

Yea mate that's on top of all bank holidays and weekends. Ridiculous really. I wouldn't mind so much if they bothered replying to emails through their site.

Yea mate that's on top of all bank holidays and weekends. Ridiculous really. I wouldn't mind so much if they bothered replying to emails through their site.

My mate was trying to get registered last night... Coinbase not working cex.io, Bittrex and Bitfinex all closed to new members. I think they are all just inundated. I know that doesn't get you your money, but I think it's a genuine reason.