You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scary things that have happened in your house

Priory Doctor

Drying off after getting out of the shower before, I went to put on a clean pair of undercrackers off the bannister,when a bloody big spider climbed out  of them.I am not scared of them, but the shock of something sprinting out of them gave me a start.

I feel sorrier for my undies,-it must have been more of a shock to them, they are not used to having anything big in them.,

• Upvote 1

Not exactly scary more odd but in my previous house my dog would stop suddenly, hair bristling at the neck (basically tense as fuck), staring into the corner of the room. Odder still it was always the same corner, away from the street, and we never once all the time I lived there had any problem with unwelcome vermin. 

Missus stashed a box of brandy liqueurs in the cabinet under the telly once. Went to troff on them one night to find they'd all gone! Found all the chocs in the next cabinet with all the booze sucked out of them through little holes. Next to a partially chewed up map of GTA San Andreas: Mice. Let the mouser (our cat, Slim Charles) loose in the basement. Never happened again.

Missus stashed a box of brandy liqueurs in the cabinet under the telly once. Went to troff on them one night to find they'd all gone! Found all the chocs in the next cabinet with all the booze sucked out of them through little holes. Next to a partially chewed up map of GTA San Andreas: Mice. Let the mouser (our cat, Slim Charles) loose in the basement. Never happened again.

Not just mice, but alcoholic mice. You should have caught them and used them as a circus act.

• Upvote 1

A couple of years back me and the dog were sat in the living room and heard the front door open and close. Assumed it was my bird yet she never appeared, the dog had ran out and came back in looking confused. Got up and there was no-one there at all. Called her and she was in the car on her way home. freaked me right out that I looked all over the house, in wardrobes, under the bed etc. 

Guest Pistonbroke

A couple of years back me and the dog were sat in the living room and heard the front door open and close. Assumed it was my bird yet she never appeared, the dog had ran out and came back in looking confused. Got up and there was no-one there at all. Called her and she was in the car on her way home. freaked me right out that I looked all over the house, in wardrobes, under the bed etc. 

I waited ages for my chance to escape, plus that wardrobe was fucking uncomfortable. 

Was it that chubster mate who was living with you?

It was mad. Heard the shots. I'd never heard a gun fired in real life before. Sounded very distinct. Nowt like in the movies. A sound similar to that thing when you fold a belt in two, pull/push the sides apart then crack them back together.

One of my favourite past times that.