You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

At youth level, England have done really well over the last 18 months or so. They've won the under-17 and under-20 World Cups, won the Toulon tournament twice in a row, and finished runners-up in the under-19 European Championship.

All the players involved need regular first-team involvement to see if they can cut it against non-age-group sides. The player need to understand that it's better to be playing regularly but earning less at a smaller club than to earn a relative fortune for sitting on a big club's bench and playing the occasional reserve fixture. Regular football will help iron out any kinks, sort the wheat from the chaff and if a player does well enough, he could still get a lucrative contract at some point in the future.

The trouble is, there are too many people who push them towards the lucrative-contract-but-no-games route by constantly being in their ear about making money while you can because it could all disappear tomorrow.

How don't you collapse under the weight of your perfection?

I don't claim to be perfect mate. I'd like to think I'm patient though and don't expect us to twat every team we play. The match thread this afternoon is an utter embarrassment to some people, especially the usual suspects, who, it seems, are just waiting for us to fail so they can give it 'I told you so'. We're far from perfect as we all know. But we're also nowhere as bad as some make out. The levels of negativity are quite ridiculous. Hence my remark about Naby.

• Upvote 1

I don't claim to be perfect mate. I'd like to think I'm patient though and don't expect us to twat every team we play. The match thread this afternoon is an utter embarrassment to some people, especially the usual suspects, who, it seems, are just waiting for us to fail so they can give it 'I told you so'. We're far from perfect as we all know. But we're also nowhere as bad as some make out. The levels of negativity are quite ridiculous. Hence my remark about Naby.

But I'm negative mate, it's the only way to live
  • Upvote 2

At youth level, England have done really well over the last 18 months or so. They've won the under-17 and under-20 World Cups, won the Toulon tournament twice in a row, and finished runners-up in the under-19 European Championship.

All the players involved need regular first-team involvement to see if they can cut it against non-age-group sides. The player need to understand that it's better to be playing regularly but earning less at a smaller club than to earn a relative fortune for sitting on a big club's bench and playing the occasional reserve fixture. Regular football will help iron out any kinks, sort the wheat from the chaff and if a player does well enough, he could still get a lucrative contract at some point in the future.

The trouble is, there are too many people who push them towards the lucrative-contract-but-no-games route by constantly being in their ear about making money while you can because it could all disappear tomorrow.

No point buying a paper tomorrow in Scotland or Wales. They will only be droning on about how England are set to win the world cup . Deluded......

Anyone would think we were 6th in the table, with +1 goal difference on 16 points after 10 games - a point above Watford and two points above Newcastle.

If this were the case I think a certain amount of disappointment would be quite healthy.

Anyone would think we were 6th in the table, with +1 goal difference on 16 points after 10 games - a point above Watford and two points above Newcastle.

If this were the case I think a certain amount of disappointment would be quite healthy.

I think a lot of negativity has simply come from people knowing full well what would happen when we didnt sign a proper defender. It was like steaming full ahead into the worlds biggest iceberg.

Regardless of all that we're not in as bad a position as it seems. All we need to do is keep ourselves in the mix for top 4 until January. But failing to do anything then transfer wise wont help things one bit.

On the BBC; shitcoat hits back at critics. Is it open for reader comments? Course not.

I can't help how much this pisses me off. Since last night a new story titled Klopp: This win is like Christmas has appeared complete with Have Your Say comments of which there are over 250 overnight, mostly mancs and other club fans taking the piss, even an "always the victim.." comment which the bbc have allowed to be aired.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive but like I said there is a Mourinho story from a few hours earlier that is not open to comments, just seems to me like a bit of bias going on here. Was ever thus I guess.