You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

I've backed Karius on here but I think it's bullshit. I hope he recovers his career and stops using excuses for his own fuck ups.

And the diagnosis is non committal about his performance.

It comes across as a poor attempt to revive his career at Liverpool, or from an FSG point of view to revive the value of the asset.

Concussion or not, he has never been a keeper that fills you with confidence. Send him on loan to Germany and stop fucking about and get a decent keeper.

I think M_B is getting to the nub of it. And to be frank, I don't really care whether it's true or not (though I'm leaning towards it as a likely contributor), but if it provides the kid a straw to grasp in helping him rehabilitate, and be able to continue with his life I'm fine with that. I was genuinely worried about his state of mind over the summer - I hope this is part of the professional help he needs. 

I am not saying he should be at Liverpool next season, though I suspect that Klopp will have him stay. 

I don't blame Karius for us losing as we recovered his first mistake and,in my opinion,we didn't even look like we were going to get an equaliser when he messed up for their third goal. But lots of idiots have lost their shit and posted pathetic death threats against Karius and his girlfriend and its absolutely ridiculous but oh so predictable in this day and age of instant social networking. I don't blame Karius for losing the final single handedly but neither do I believe the concussion excuse. I personally got over the result about 5 minutes after the final whistle but many others haven't.

I absolutely blame him for the result....but to blame him is one thing and to give out the shite seen like threats etc is another totally and is fucking pathetic IMHO

And the diagnosis is non committal about his performance.

It comes across as a poor attempt to revive his career at Liverpool, or from an FSG point of view to revive the value of the asset.

Concussion or not, he has never been a keeper that fills you with confidence. Send him on loan to Germany and stop fucking about and get a decent keeper.

The German had tests at hospitals in Boston in the United States, and medics said the impact of the concussion was "likely" to have been felt immediately.

Dr Ross Zafonte said it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".

He came to his conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

Dr Zafonte said Karius had suffered from "visual spatial dysfunction", a process which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space.

He said it was "likely" that would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion."

Sounds legit.

The German had tests at hospitals in Boston in the United States, and medics said the impact of the concussion was "likely" to have been felt immediately.

Dr Ross Zafonte said it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".

He came to his conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

Dr Zafonte said Karius had suffered from "visual spatial dysfunction", a process which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space.

He said it was "likely" that would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion."

Sounds legit.

Exactly

If Karius had double vision he would not have carried on.  In any event on the basis that he might just have had a medical excuse for his shambolic display do we give him the benefit of the doubt and play him next season as well. I don't rate him much with or without concussion and would spend the money, as we should have done years ago, to get a top class keeper, Funnily enough all the teams that are at the top table seem to have one, maybe that's a clue. 

When he was elbowed, if I remember, he got straight back up, no foul given. Did any of our medical team actually look at him ? 

I had been drinking all day and don't remember, plus never watching it again, so I have no idea how it actually went. 

If nothing was given, surely Ramos should be charged ?

Finding it hard to make my mind up about this one. On one hand it sounds like him and the club trying to either retain his value for selling or using it as an excuse to keep him and not invest in a decent keeper. On the other hand he was elbowed in the head by that fucking piece of shit. Unlikely he'd have wanted to come off during the biggest game of his life so if he felt ok it's understandable he stayed on. 

All things considered though, no fucking way is he good enough for us and he needs to go. That said, it would be absolutely typical of our club to avoid paying for a replacement and keep him for the foreseeable, thus rendering him wide open to mass ridicule from every opposing set of fans in Europe which will do wonders for his confidence.

The BBC reporting of this is typically shithouse too.  "Karius collided with Spanish defender Sergio Ramos". Fuck off you pc cunts.

"Why wasn't the game stopped immediately so he could be examined on the pitch and what role did the fourth official play?" Because the fucking hopeless officials decided not to see either that elbow or the deliberate injuring of Mo Salah.

I really can't get my head around the fact it's apparently bad that the club want to look after him. 

Me neither. Sure I called him all the names under the sun during the game. The real villian here is Ramos who not only put Mo out of the game but gave Karius a fore arm smash Mick McManus would have been proud of.

Not that I'm a great barometer of anything, but I called it as soon as he threw the ball at Benzema.

There's no way anybody thinking straight would've played that ball when Robertson is in 40 yards of space at the other side!

Karius said himself after the game that for the second goal, he should've done what he normally does and just punch it away. So again, he wasn't thinking straight enough to do what he "normally" does.

As for those that think he should've brought himself off? Get a fucking grip! Like you'd voluntarily take yourself off in the Champions' League Final!

I fully believe he was caught intentionally by Ramos' elbow and suffered concussion.

• Upvote 1

Why isn't it true?

He's an employee. Nothing more or less. They'll protect him (or his value) at this point as an exchangeable commodity. Which is entirely rational from their point of view. But hardly admirable from a (or at any rate my) moral point of view.

He's an employee. Nothing more or less. They'll protect him (or his value) at this point as an exchangeable commodity. Which is entirely rational from their point of view. But hardly admirable from a (or at any rate my) moral point of view.

Do you not think Klopp is thinking of his well being? I think you’re being incredibly harsh here. I don’t really think it’s admirable either but don’t think it’s something to get worked up about. I’d say the lad is in a bad way. I hope he’s being looked after.

Not that I'm a great barometer of anything, but I called it as soon as he threw the ball at Benzema.

There's no way anybody thinking straight would've played that ball when Robertson is in 40 yards of space at the other side!

Karius said himself after the game that for the second goal, he should've done what he normally does and just punch it away. So again, he wasn't thinking straight enough to do what he "normally" does.

As for those that think he should've brought himself off? Get a fucking grip! Like you'd voluntarily take yourself off in the Champions' League Final!

I fully believe he was caught intentionally by Ramos' elbow and suffered concussion.

We are talking about a keeper who once gave away a corner kick by kicking the ball behind straight from a goal kick. Which, if anything, is even more mind boggling than the Benzema goal, albeit less costly.

And, as for not doing what he normally does for the second goal, he made the exact same fuck up against Kolarov and was only saved by the crossbar. Was he also concussed then?

Concussed or not concussed, there was plenty of evidence beforehand that he had these mistakes in him. Unfortunately for us, they materialised in the worst possible game.

• Upvote 1