You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do any other nations 'go for an English?'

Elite

We have a variety of other nationalities restaurants in this country but I do wonder if our national cuisine is appreciated by other countries.

So are there any English restaurants in other countries (discounting the places that cater for all the English tourists).

They love our grub! Why else would it be in all their menus?

My brother is terrified of foreign cuisine. He's never even looked at a Chinese and if he's ever in a situation where he has to have something from an Indian, it's naan bread and chips. It really is bizarre.

High Tea in the (Dutch owned) English pub near me is pretty popular. It's 20 euros per head for tea, sandwiches and cake. There is a luxury version with unlimited tea for 24 euros.

Tell them that it's "luxury" not "luxery", and ask them what the fuck a quiche is doing on a menu that's all about 'English tradition'.

• Upvote 1

Tell them that it's "luxury" not "luxery", and ask them what the fuck a quiche is doing on a menu that's all about 'English tradition'.

I didn't even go in there when I was seeing the cook and knew the girl behind the bar. Free food and drink was not enough to put up with snobby Dutch people and the kind of people that call themselves expats.

London has loads to offer, obviously. History, culture, architecture, shopping, arts and entertainment and more boss places to eat than you can shake a stick at. The Underground

is ace, though it's murder during rush hour. However, London's just not for me. I'm a humble sort of fella who just likes what he likes and London is too much for me.

London is shit. It's ghastly and the people there think the north is some undiscovered land that their taxes pour in to. The rent on a three bed bed semi is about 3 grand a month with the irony being I wouldn't live there if you paid me that. Alan Partridge called it exactly right "you'll either be disappointed or stabbed". Whenever I've had the misfortune of having to go there my first thought is always 'you cheeky bastards slagging off the north, this looks like some sort of end of world virus hit on my way down.

• Upvote 2