You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

He's been hogging the ball since he came back. Fucker needs to pass it more. Him and Sterling both. Just keep it simple until we have a couple of goals notched up and then you can do all that goal of the season stuff. I am disappointed that he hasn't matured more during his time out through injury. You would have thought that some time to watch and reflect would have given him a better attitude than he's displaying of late. 

• Upvote 1

He's been hogging the ball since he came back. Fucker needs to pass it more. Him and Sterling both. Just keep it simple until we have a couple of goals notched up and then you can do all that goal of the season stuff. I am disappointed that he hasn't matured more during his time out through injury. You would have thought that some time to watch and reflect would have given him a better attitude than he's displaying of late. 

That's why I don't think he's world class. He's a very good finisher but selfish and doesn't release the ball early enough in promising positions.  Suarez got as much joy out of setting up a team-mate as he did scoring himself.  I don't get the same impression with Sturridge. 

He needs to become a more rounded player, especially as he's the type where once injuries rob him of his explosive pace his threat lessens considerably. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's obviously shit, the injury has fucked him. How fucking dare he have us all counting the days down until his return & then have the temerity to have a a shit game or three. Just who the fuck does he think he is? If I was him I'd fuck off coz our fan base are fucking whoppers.

Exactly. There are some proper mentals on here. Sell him? Fucking hell. Calling him a prick and a cunt?

He's unfit and mentally rusty. He also had fuck all service and no movement when he had the ball.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. There are some proper mentals on here. Sell him? Fucking hell. Calling him a prick and a cunt?

He's unfit and mentally rusty. He also had fuck all service and no movement when he had the ball.

He was very poor last night, there's no getting away from it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He was very poor last night, there's no getting away from it.

Yeah, he was. Though that's a bit different from calling him a prick and a cunt who needs to be sold, isn't it.

• Upvote 1

He was shite last night along with most of the others that played.

He's back from being out from 5 months and is getting his fitness levels back.

He's also got one of the best goals to games stats of any player from our history.

And if we have a chance against City to win the match and had a choice of who it falls to. I'm going with Sturridge all day long.

He's just not sharp after so much time out. Not snapping the shot when he should. It'll come.

I'm not so sure that explosive pace will return as much as before. He's looked slow since he's come back, he gets beyond the defenders and doesn't seem capable of getting away. If it was just sharpness he'd have shown it at least a few times since he's been back then slowed down more as the games gone on due to fatigue.

He's still a great finisher though given half a chance, he just needs to hit it earlier than he is. Something just doesn't seem right with him at the moment.

I'm more concerned about how woeful Sterling looks, who doesn't have the excuse of just coming back from a lengthy injury.

Anyone expecting a footballer to hit the ground running after that amount of time out, hasn't been following the sport for very long.

We've just got to hope his touch, sharpness etc all returns in time.

When Balotelli played him in, he had the time and space to take a touch and pick out the far corner, but his lack of sharpness meant he instead held onto the ball too long and ended up twisting and turning to get an effort in on goal which was saved by the keeper. Against Dortmund in pre-season - while it wasn't exactly identical in position to the Besiktas chance - he took a touch and shot before the goalkeeper had a chance to set himself. I'm hoping he gets that sharpness back soon because he will look far more clinical as a result.

IdioticFaroffHookersealion.gif

• 4 weeks later...