You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen

Gnasher

I'm not saying he's good enough to play for Barca but he'd fit in there, he should go have a season or in Spain or Italy he'd look amazing there and after a season or 2 he'd end up at 1 of the big clubs. If he's happy in the role he played at the end of the season we should keep him and especially there's only offers of £10m he's worth almost double that I reckon

Those French commentators are saying Joe Allen is the Welsh Pirlo - commanding the midfield, majestic in size and similar in style, especially with his silky pass to Ramsey. They also said he has great character, he's a good boy and really loves his chickens.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying he's good enough to play for Barca but he'd fit in there, he should go have a season or in Spain or Italy he'd look amazing there and after a season or 2 he'd end up at 1 of the big clubs. If he's happy in the role he played at the end of the season we should keep him and especially there's only offers of £10m he's worth almost double that I reckon

No. He'd fit in just fine, but he wouldn't look anything approaching amazing. La Liga has lots of Joe Allen type players. Good movement, good passers of the ball, eight stone wet through, averages about a goal a season.

He'd be a reasonable mid table player there. As he is here really.

The french know how good Allen is. For those who can understand french, listen from 4:00 to 4:35.

"C'est une merveille ce joueur."

It really is bizarre how most British football fans and Liverpool fans don't appreciate his quality.

I'm happy to pretend I know of obscure players and watch foreign leagues a lot, but now you're adding languages I don't think I can keep up the pretence.

At no point do they say "J'aime le musique pop".

You can't rain on my parade Grinch.  He was wonderful tonight.  Hendo was shite.  Clapton wrote that.

It's late in the evening,

He wonders what clothes to wear,

Joe puts on his make-up,

And brushes his long black hair.

And then asks Stringvest, 'Do I look alright?'

Stringvest says, 'Yes, you look wonderful tonight.'

• Upvote 6

International form tends to have little relevence to club form. Its a bit like a break from the pressures of club football and a way to relax and play your natural game. So many players fail to replicate good form for club at country level and vice versa. Comparing Allen and Henderson at international level is unfair. The pressures on England are immense,not forgetting overhyped players and a shite manager,while Wales are just enjoying their time in the limelight. Allen and Henderson can both stay or go as far as I'm concerned regardless of their performances at Euro 2016.

He would have no problem fitting in the Barca team and I do think he is good enough to play for them, they won't sign him as they go for big names but if he came through their youth team he would be starting for them.

I also agree he would shine in a European league, he won me over against Everton away where he was keeping the ball with ease while the Everton players charged at him.In Spain where he would get time on the ball he would look outstanding, he'll go to Swansea though and lead them to a domestic cup during his time there and will play against LFC and school our midfielders.

Did you see Hendo's pass to Vardy tonight?

You mean the ball over the top, into 40 yards of grass, for the fast forward to run onto against the slow defender? Piece of piss. Go down the park this weekend, and you'll see under 12's doing the same thing.

Allen's pass for Ramsey was far superior.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Even Henderson would look decent if he was able to pass to Bale. He did when he was passing to Suarez, after all.

The quality of pass is dictated by who the recipient is?

Classic Hades.

He would have no problem fitting in the Barca team and I do think he is good enough to play for them, they won't sign him as they go for big names but if he came through their youth team he would be starting for them.

I also agree he would shine in a European league, he won me over against Everton away where he was keeping the ball with ease while the Everton players charged at him.In Spain where he would get time on the ball he would look outstanding, he'll go to Swansea though and lead them to a domestic cup during his time there and will play against LFC and school our midfielders.

HA