You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Dark - Season 3

Season 1 was exceptional, season 2 fell down a bit, but season 3 pulled it back through sheer atmosphere. Cinematography and a moody score can cover a multitude of sins. They did a decent enough job trying to fill in the gaps, but it all felt a bit of a cop out in trying to form a definitive ending having written the protagonists into a corner. 7/10

• Upvote 2

Watched the first episode of Pam & Tommy, solely as i am a bit in love with Lily James. Seth Rogen was decent in it but apart from that it was absolute drivel and she is barely even in the first episode. Tommy Lee comes across as even more of a spoilt moron than he does in real life, which is quite a feat. Not sure i'll be watching the rest. 

19 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Dark - Season 3

Season 1 was exceptional, season 2 fell down a bit, but season 3 pulled it back through sheer atmosphere. Cinematography and a moody score can cover a multitude of sins. They did a decent enough job trying to fill in the gaps, but it all felt a bit of a cop out in trying to form a definitive ending having written the protagonists into a corner. 7/10

1 of those great shows hardly anyone has seen.

I thought the end was really good.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Dark - Season 3

Really enjoyed it. I just have a few episodes to go, but I might have to restart series 3 as I left it for a while and it's complicated enough when you know what's going on!

28 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

1 of those great shows hardly anyone has seen.

I thought the end was really good.

It's definitely a show more people should watch. It's got that downbeat aura of a nordic noir, but with a sci-fi plot. Stays in your head too; I'm still figuring stuff out, like where the extra young Martha came from?

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Really enjoyed it. I just have a few episodes to go, but I might have to restart series 3 as I left it for a while and it's complicated enough when you know what's going on!

I did similar. Left it too long between seasons and had to start again. 

I watched the first season of Dark and it showed up the deficiencies of my brain. Very enjoyable, but I couldn't get my head around a younger and older version of the same character being able to exist simultaneously when one time-travelled. Still, it's one to suspend disbelief for. 

If I can find a refresher video of the first season I might give the second one a go. 

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's definitely a show more people should watch. It's got that downbeat aura of a nordic noir, but with a sci-fi plot. Stays in your head too; I'm still figuring stuff out, like where the extra young Martha came from?

She was boss Martha 

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Watched the first episode of Pam & Tommy, solely as i am a bit in love with Lily James. Seth Rogen was decent in it but apart from that it was absolute drivel and she is barely even in the first episode. Tommy Lee comes across as even more of a spoilt moron than he does in real life, which is quite a feat. Not sure i'll be watching the rest. 

Wait until you get to episode two and Tommy has a discussion with his cock. Turned it off midway through Episode 2. You do get to see some approximation of Lily's tits though. 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

She was boss Martha 

So - SPOILERS AHEAD - there are three worlds, each with their own Martha. One Martha is shot by Adam, to send Jonas on his journey. One is killed by Adam with the time ball thingy as he tries to bring about the apocalypse, and the final one - who shoots Jonas - becomes scarface Eva. Have I got that right?

How did young Jonas come back, given there's only one of him?

24 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

So - SPOILERS AHEAD - there are three worlds, each with their own Martha. One Martha is shot by Adam, to send Jonas on his journey. One is killed by Adam with the time ball thingy as he tries to bring about the apocalypse, and the final one - who shoots Jonas - becomes scarface Eva. Have I got that right?

How did young Jonas come back, given there's only one of him?

Not quite, I don't think. There are two 'realms'/ split universes. The first two series are concerned with Adam's realm with people moving backwards and forwards in time. The can see their future or past selves as they do so giving rise to the bootstrap paradoxes (such as a character giving birth to her own mother). The third series introduces the alternate realm where things are subtly different so not only are they moving in time, they're moving across different universes.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Not quite, I don't think. There are two 'realms'/ split universes. The first two series are concerned with Adam's realm with people moving backwards and forwards in time. The can see their future or past selves as they do so giving rise to the bootstrap paradoxes (such as a character giving birth to her own mother). The third series introduces the alternate realm where things are subtly different so not only are they moving in time, they're moving across different universes.

Finish season 3, then try to explain it to me. I reckon there's one too many Marthas and Jonases, and it's frying my nut.

I’m not sure what people were expecting tuning into a Hollywood drama about Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee. It’s not a philosophical study of existentialism. It’s about 2 celebrities being exposed fucking on a videotape and their airhead celebrity lifestyles. It does what it says on the tin for me. Bit of daft escapism in the sunshine. I actually enjoyed it and will be tuning in for the remaining episodes. The Tommy Lee character is one annoying cunt though. Maybe they could have played that down a bit as it does grate quite quickly. The fact he’s so unlikable meant I was rooting for the Seth Rogen character that actually robs their home.

Pam seems quite harmless though.

On 03/02/2022 at 21:28, Bjornebye said:

I was looking forward to watching this. She's a cracking actress. 

Watched all 4 last night. Ending was shite but the first few episodes were decent. She's a brilliant actress (for UK drama series, I doubt she'd be a brilliant movie actress) 6/10 

On 03/02/2022 at 13:36, Babb'sBurstNad said:

One of the best things on Netflix. I loved it, will definitely rewatch at some stage. Once you are done, check out the Dark website as covers characters, timelines etc.

• Upvote 1