You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

They are no better in my eyes than the last 2 schyters.

Their view seems to be - why spend now for a only a chance of the rewards that come with top 4 while we can wait 3-4 years and keep getting sponsorships and TV deals. So it's risk versus no risk. They are just H & G with money to tick over and good PR

Value of the club is only important if they want to sell. Why would they want to do that when they've cut all the costs at the club, yet the revenue coming in is massively increasing? Why settle for a £200m profit for example, when they can get that every 3/4 years?

My view is that they would only seriously invest if the were in it for the long haul. As sure as eggs are eggs, our stock will fall the longer we go without success. The fan base will reduce, and we will become less valuable as an asset. The tv deal is fantastic, but I think that may represent the peak. Other revenue through sponsorship and advertising will probably continue to increase over the next 18 months, though again we will be less and less attractive as a name to be associated with.

As I've said numerous times, if they could find a buyer now who would provide them with 75-100% profit on their investment, they'd snap their hand off.

• Upvote 1

Value of the club is only important if they want to sell. Why would they want to do that when they've cut all the costs at the club, yet the revenue coming in is massively increasing? Why settle for a £200m profit for example, when they can get that every 3/4 years?

Sporting success and profit do not necessarily go hand in hand. The money that Chelsea and Man City have spent demonstrates that.

FSG have had windfalls in commercial and TV income as well as squeezing ticket prices with no stadium investment, nice result.

How much would they need to spend to outgun Chelsea and Man City for honours? Would they make a profit?

The trick is to do well ( CL qualification) but not too well, if you want to make money.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sporting success and profit do not necessarily go hand in hand. The money that Chelsea and Man City have spent demonstrates that.

FSG have had windfalls in commercial and TV income as well as squeezing ticket prices with no stadium investment, nice result.

How much would they need to spend to outgun Chelsea and Man City for honours? Would they make a profit?

The trick is to do well ( CL qualification) but not too well, if you want to make money.

The money made will be off the sale of the asset. The better we do, the more money we earn, and in turn the more valuable the asset becomes.

My view is that they would only seriously invest if the were in it for the long haul. As sure as eggs are eggs, our stock will fall the longer we go without success. The fan base will reduce, and we will become less valuable as an asset. The tv deal is fantastic, but I think that may represent the peak. Other revenue through sponsorship and advertising will probably continue to increase over the next 18 months, though again we will be less and less attractive as a name to be associated with.

As I've said numerous times, if they could find a buyer now who would provide them with 75-100% profit on their investment, they'd snap their hand off.

No major arguments with any of that, apart from the fact that football continues to change from what was important even as recently as 2005. 

Reducing fan base won't have any impact on our ownership, because the fanbase is being replaced by sponsorships. Why rely on fickle people across the world, who'll be supporting Man City in a couple of years anyway. The core of our support will always remain strong, because of the way club support is passed down from generation to generation.

It's much easier to get a sponsor for cars, malted drinks, training kits, toilet paper, airlines etc. You can build a business plan with accurate targets around sponsorships, you can't do that around fans.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but last place in the premier league this year gets you £63m, but united only earned £61m for winning it last year, so the money to finish 6th/7th every year and adding sponsorships is worth more to the bottom line than the unquantifiable "fanbase".

They are also extremely clever about the way they are looking to add partners. Take the donuts - they already have an agreement with them, so anyone who works in any kind of sales environment could bore you to shit with platitudes about "cross-selling" and "adding value".

Personally, I really hope that you're right. I think Ayres even revealed the other day what the MO of FSG was when he accidentally revealed we're chipping away at £300m worth of debt, and I'm fucked off no one in the media bothered asking him a follow up question, or to explain in more detail what he actually meant.

• Upvote 1

Guest The Cunt

russ

you are giving the cunts too much credit

they are not naïve just more money grabbing asset stripping cunts

suarez 100m in summer - straight in their pockets the yank cunts

• Upvote 1

. As sure as eggs are eggs, our stock will fall the longer we go without success. The fan base will reduce, and we will become less valuable as an asset. The tv deal is fantastic, but I think that may represent the peak. Other revenue through sponsorship and advertising will probably continue to increase over the next 18 months, though again we will be less and less attractive as a name to be associated with.

I used to think the same but even being poor on the pitch has not stopped the amount of fans who turned up in Australia and Thailand. More fans turned up to watch Liverpool than Chelsea the double European champions so we seem to be an outlier.

According to the experts the next tv deal will be even higher. I thought the bubble would burst 10 yrs ago but the demand is still growing. So what I'm saying is they have still have several years of milking the cow and success does not seem to determine the sponsorship deals as our deals match fairly to teams in the c/l. A widely watched English league and the romance of the 5times and 18 times seems to keep global fans and sponsors happy. You only have to sell people the dream that you can compete and that seems to go a long way. All they have to do is keep us on the edge of c/l qualification and if Suarez and Rodgers drag us there then it is a bonus. As you say Hicks & Gillett must be kicking themselves for not having better pr and the credit crucnch killing their chance to refinance.

Hard to swallow not getting a single reinforcement in, whatever the circumstance. Even harder to accept is how 'over the barrel' we all are. I am not going to throw away 20+ years of supporting the Reds b/c of these assholes. And that's honestly what it would take, the majority of us walking away for their wallets to get the message.

Either way, it needs to be remembered that if we don't get fourth, Rodgers shouldn't carry the can alone. What's been done here is unforgivable. The mancs are floundering and we're excedimg expectations, it's literally now or never to cement not only a top for position, but show Suarez we mean business - and we've failed publically and spectacularly. It'd have been better to have made no moves at all than to be left holding our dicks in the rain like that.

Serious questions have to be asked about the extent of the owners' ambitions now. Much as I dislike the idea of owners like city and Chelsea have, at least when all is said and done those owners and the fans want the same thing, even if its for different reasons. They want to win - everything.

For me it looks like FSG are content to just keep us ticking over like a few spinning plates, forever remaing 'there or there abouts', with mediocre ambitions designed to keep us in the public eye enough to get sponsorship and make money - bollocks to that. That's not an ambition befitting a club of our stature, to just exist and not live. Fuck that.

• Upvote 4

Guest The Cunt

why the fuck do teams leave it until the last day

fucking retarded stuff

fuck off fsg you useless cunts

sell us to someone who wants trophys not moneyball you money mad yank cunts

• Upvote 1

why the fuck do teams leave it until the last day

fucking retarded stuff

fuck off fsg you useless cunts

sell us to someone who wants trophys not moneyball you money mad yank cunts

I like you cunt. You've got spunk. But it does sound like you are gargling it. You and Nightcat got lots in common. You two should get a womb.

• Upvote 3

Konoplyanka's Agent confirms that LFC triggered Konos Release Clause this Allow's him to agree terms and have a medical, and if he agrees he becomes our player. The President of Dnipro would not sign the Papers to confirm, So we couldnt get it completed through the FA and UEFA, Kono would have a case to appeal and force to become a LFC player. But this would depend on the FA allowing him to register out of window, But we will have proof of when he signed and when we triggered his clause, so will be able to prove we had him and maybe that would make them allow it to happen. All this would depend on Kono and his Agent appealing though but LFC should definitely enquire with the FA if we can still pay up and have him if he decides to appeal.