You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

The forum's Sunday highlight, outstanding work Lifey.

We had a lazy Sunday dinner: chicken thighs and potatoes roasted in a single pan with a lemon, olive oil, garlic, sumak and herb marinade, served with buttery crusty bread. Tasty, easy, forgot to take a photo.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Anybody know anything about this Tim Hortons place opening in Aintree ?

Everybody I know is raving about their breakfasts and doughnuts

Canadian coffee and doughnuts chain. Don't know about their breakfasts but the coffee and doughnuts are pretty ordinary.

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Canadian coffee and doughnuts chain. Don't know about their breakfasts but the coffee and doughnuts are pretty ordinary.

I went in the one in Glasgow ages ago before I got a train and it was shit. Got a coffee and a bacon & egg muffin which was like chewing leather. Cunts were taking pics of themselves in there.

Mcdonalds breakfasts are better and they are shite as well.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

Anybody know anything about this Tim Hortons place opening in Aintree ?

Everybody I know is raving about their breakfasts and doughnuts

They ve got Timmies in the UK now? Jesus. I was surprised when they put some franchises in the US, nevermind the UK. It’s like the quintessential Canadian franchise coffee place. Feels weird that it has gone international. 

That being said, it’s average fast food quality coffee, donuts, breakfast food, sandwiches, soups, that kind of thing. Ok if you need food and it’s right there. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They ve got Timmies in the UK now? Jesus. I was surprised when they put some franchises in the US, nevermind the UK. It’s like the quintessential Canadian franchise coffee place. Feels weird that it has gone international. 

That being said, it’s average fast food quality coffee, donuts, breakfast food, sandwiches, soups, that kind of thing. Ok if you need food and it’s right there. 

Do they do Poutine? 

17 minutes ago, Remmie said:

One day I'll try Poutine, one day I tell ya! 

Imo, regular poutine is nothing special. I haven't had one in like a decade, I wanna say. The fries (chips, innit) get soggy from the gravy which isnt my thing and you need really good quality cheese curds (they must be squeaky) which can be rare.There's some cool variations out there, though. There's some creative themed poutines with other toppings that look pretty good.

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

One day I'll try Poutine, one day I tell ya! 

I had it from a good truck at the ice rink that got put up in Leeds and the fella serving said it was fully authentic, so that’ll do for me: it was great. Loved it, and the cheese curds were lovely.