You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

• 4 weeks later...

Looked a completely different player today.

Or perhaps more accurately, looked himself again today, which he hasn't for a good few weeks now.  I think the lack of Europa League is going to suit him down to the ground, he seems to be one of those that struggles to perform when he's being asked to play 6-7 games a month.

What a game for him, though, since he was fresh.  Brilliant strike.  His goals in the last week alone might be the difference between 4th and 6th come the end of the season.  He's just starting to get the media attention for how good he is, as well.  By this time next season he'll be in the conversation for best player in the league IMO.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

well. time to go visit that english inter forum and read that coutinho thread

Ha! If they have anything new, link us up?

He's just starting to get the media attention for how good he is, as well.  By this time next season he'll be in the conversation for best player in the league IMO.

Sadly yes. I much prefer him to go under the radar. IMO the Premier League has 4 players that are really top world class, Aguero, Yaya, that Belge in Chelski and Coutinho. I just hope we'll get to see him with us next season.

Sadly yes. I much prefer him to go under the radar. IMO the Premier League has 4 players that are really top world class, Aguero, Yaya, that Belge in Chelski and Coutinho. I just hope we'll get to see him with us next season.

Hell 100% be here next season. I don't think anyone would pay what we would want for him as he's still slightly inconsistent. I wouldn't think he wants to either, rightly he appreciates that we took a chance on him and have helped him thrive. Like Sterling he owes a lot to Brendan Rodgers.

The pundit on the Fox Brasil broadcast said that after Neymar he's the best Brazilian player in all Europe - high praise, indeed.

He didn't get picked for the World Cup because, imo, Felipao's plan was to kick and foul as much as possible - see Fernandinho, who Coutinho ran right off the pitch today - rather than finesse anybody. As the pundit said, he's a true number 10. He'll probably be picked for the friendly against Chile at the end of this month.