You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

I think he will be an excellent addition. Him,suarez,borini,sterling, possibly Hoarau or Gaimeiro. Thats the fucking business right there

Same here , he has a lot of quality , just needs games.

Have a feeling 12 mill will be looked back upon as a bargain in a few years , this signing is no dud gutless rip off.

Sturridge: The first interview - Liverpool FC

"I see myself as a striker. I think I perform best there because my attributes, I believe, are best as a central striker. But I have played on the wing and have learned a lot doing so. I'd never refuse to play in that position and I've never demanded to play up front, either. For me, whatever the manager wants me to do I will do it and work as hard as I can for the club and the fans."

Wonder where all that stuff about him demanding to play up front came from then?

happy with this, would nearly say he's guranteed goals and his confidence is something I like in players for too long we have had cowards playing for us, heads go down if we concede first. Don't see him playing through the middle he's exactly what BR looks for in a Winger, inverted, quick, good strike. Would be foolish to move Luis, lads got 16 goals this season already a phenamonal return given the state of our team this season so far.

Sturridge: The first interview - Liverpool FC

"I see myself as a striker. I think I perform best there because my attributes, I believe, are best as a central striker. But I have played on the wing and have learned a lot doing so. I'd never refuse to play in that position and I've never demanded to play up front, either. For me, whatever the manager wants me to do I will do it and work as hard as I can for the club and the fans."

Wonder where all that stuff about him demanding to play up front came from then?

Thought that was Walcott.

happy with this, would nearly say he's guranteed goals and his confidence is something I like in players for too long we have had cowards playing for us, heads go down if we concede first. Don't see him playing through the middle he's exactly what BR looks for in a Winger, inverted, quick, good strike. Would be foolish to move Luis, lads got 16 goals this season already a phenamonal return given the state of our team this season so far.

Agreed.

A "cocky fucker" i think i described him as the other day.

That's what we need.

Having read some of that interview, seems hes got his head screwed on.

Welcome and good luck.

The lad seems to have the talent but it's fair to say that he hasn't yet established himself as a quality player on a consistent basis. Taking a positive view, that could work in our favour as he definitely has to now go out and prove himself.

Whilst I'm not ecstatic about the signing, I'm far from unhappy either. It's down to him how well he does at the club. He is at the very least another attacking option, he offers pace and skill, and whilst he hasn't scored bucket loads of goals his goals/games record is good so hopefully with a pro-longed run in the team and the trust from the manager that he'll be a regular starter, he'll have the confidence to contribute regularly for us. His presence too can also benefit Suarez, as he is another attacking option that the opposition will have to be wary of and another problem to concern them in matches.

All in all I'm excited to see whether he can realise his potential. He has his big money move and he'll get consistent matches now to prove himself so there's no excuses and no where to hide if it doesn't work out. If he does that, and fucks off the gobshite dancing after goals then he could well be a very good bit of business for the club.