You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Walked the guy to another entrance of the train; informed the train conductor and ask him to contact the police to remove the racist passengers, for starters. I'm not a fighter mate, nor would I try and reason with a set of morons, in this circumstance, the authorities need to be the ones that lead. 

Fair enough mate. I honestly think I'd have done what everyone else did though, given that underground trains don't have conductors, the drivers are inaccessible, you'd have had to have a massive stroke of luck to have any kind of coincidental police presence there, and that Paris has just suffered its own horrific attacks on its people. The bloke who filmed it did the right thing I reckon. Hopefully they'll be tracked down and very publicly dealt with.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Fair enough mate. I honestly think I'd have done what everyone else did though, given that underground trains don't have conductors, the drivers are inaccessible, you'd have had to have a massive stroke of luck to have any kind of coincidental police presence there, and that Paris has just suffered its own horrific attacks on its people. The bloke who filmed it did the right thing I reckon. Hopefully they'll be tracked down and very publicly dealt with.

Do they still have the guillotine over there ? It would be far more entertaining than that match last night.

The diving problem is endemic . It just has to be a straight red card offense imo. The refs will get a few wrong which will cause a bit of an fuss but it will stop the blatant cunts like Rooney and the the other twat Young. That said all the teams have their culprits.and it needs stamping out. 

Course you would Tony. You big hero.

You could have said, "The next one to push a black man off a train is a cunt." That'll have had them quaking in their boots wouldn't it.

It's not about being a hero. I abhor twattish behaviour and have reached the stage in my life whereby I find it impossible to sit there and say nothing.

I have the misfortune to regularly travel on both the London Underground and Overground and regularly speak out against people behaving appallingly. Sometimes it can be multiple times a week. Recently, I encountered a group of pissed-up city types ( one of whom - a Londoner - was wearing a LFC baseball cap) who were effing and blinding (including the profuse use of the c word) in a crowded carriage, full of women ( one of whom was my other half) and children. I spoke out and told them I thought their language was disgusting and that they should tone it down. I was promptly told to fuck off and they carried on as before. At least I said something, more's the pity no-one else did.

• Upvote 1

They were city types, to be fair, Tony. The threat of them kicking the fuck out of you would have been extremely slim. A carriage full of racist Chelsea fans would have almost certainly turned you into a thin paste had you said anything. Would you have said something to the Chelsea fans if you were with your wife?

Don't be fooled by the suits, Jairzinho, arseholes come in all guises. Give people enough alcohol and/or beak and they think they can do as they like.

I have spoken out against football knob-heads serveral times over the years, including when my other half has been present, she's no shrinking violet either.

Fair point. I've spoken out against a carriage full of arsehole football fans and would probably do so again. I'm not a hero, but can be hot-headed.

I respect you for that but if I was with my wife I'd just keep my head down to be honest.

I can't really see a positive outcome from one bloke standing up against a group of arseholes unless he's Bruce Lee. It's one of those things that can bother you for days as well if you don't say something.

• Upvote 2