You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That's a huge insult to the actual Liverpool legends. Owen has spent many years making stupid decisions and looking after his then England career. 

His promises of putting pen to paper for his contract with us were lies, pure and simple. While I understood his decision at the time to choose the scum over a season at Hull, he fucked up any  connection he ever had with this club when he signed for them and spent the time there sucking up to them. 

Now he wants us to forget that, he's a lying little boring monotone shit and he can fuck off. 

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/he-said-what-michael-owen-on-liverpool-and-real-madrid/

He did that but let's have a bit of consistency. McManaman did exactly the same first but he gets off scott-free. He wouldn't have done it if there wasn't a precedent and he was probably advised to do it because that's the way football was going. Fair enough if you think it was wrong but I never hear anything directed at McManaman.

As for anything he's said or done since, I was just wondering how much love he thought there was left with all the stuff said on forums and the like.

Personally I just never understood the hate directed at him for that long after he left when McManaman had done it already, even though I was totally gutted.

He did that but let's have a bit of consistency. McManaman did exactly the same first but he gets off scott-free. He wouldn't have done it if there wasn't a precedent and he was probably advised to do it because that's the way football was going. Fair enough if you think it was wrong but I never hear anything directed at McManaman.

As for anything he's said or done since, I was just wondering how much love he thought there was left with all the stuff said on forums and the like.

Personally I just never understood the hate directed at him for that long after he left when McManaman had done it already, even though I was totally gutted.

the difference with McManaman (if you believe the contract running down bit, his version of events is very difference) that was McManamans only cuntish act, following Owen's departure from us he decided to make a career of being a massive bell end

the difference with McManaman (if you believe the contract running down bit, his version of events is very difference) that was McManamans only cuntish act, following Owen's departure from us he decided to make a career of being a massive bell end

Good point, I wouldn't say Ive forgiven macca for fucking us over as he was my favourite player at the time but with hindsight we can accept he made the right decision and he didn't behave like a cunt like Owen.

What's his version of events? All I know is he ran his contract down smiling and saying he was going to sign.

• Upvote 1

What's his version of events? All I know is he ran his contract down smiling and saying he was going to sign.

The way Fowler tells it from McManaman's point of view and there is also a hint at it in McManaman's book about his time at Madrid, is that he was happy to stay and wanted to sign a new contract but the year before the expiry the club were trying to flog him to Barca behind his back at a time when his dad was seriously ill so he wanted to stick around but the club were trying to flog him and make it look like his decision

McManaman didn't bullshit the fans by saying he wanted to stay if I remember correct. The club also agreed to sell him but Barca pulled out the deal to take Rivaldo if my memory is correct

He said he was staying and would re-sign and he totally fucked the fans over as I remember, which we all felt at the time.

• Upvote 1

The way Fowler tells it from McManaman's point of view and there is also a hint at it in McManaman's book about his time at Madrid, is that he was happy to stay and wanted to sign a new contract but the year before the expiry the club were trying to flog him to Barca behind his back at a time when his dad was seriously ill so he wanted to stick around but the club were trying to flog him and make it look like his decision

Well it's news to me but McManaman was still a cunt after saying he was an Everton fan and such.

• Upvote 1

He said he was staying and would re-sign and he totally fucked the fans over as I remember, which we all felt at the time.

That's how I remember it too, wasn't there some famous pictures of him in the papers at barcelona ready to make the move a season or two before he left, he was ready to make the move clearly but when it didn't happen for whatever reason tried to make out he was being forced out then to use as an excuse for fucking us over with his contract.

Well it's news to me but McManaman was still a cunt after saying he was an Everton fan and such.

well the truth probably somewhere inbetween his version of events and the clubs, doesn't really bother me anymore, I'd have long forgiven Owen if it was just the case of lying about his contract, it was the fact that he was a cunt for the rest of his career that makes me despise the little shitstain

That's how I remember it too, wasn't there some famous pictures of him in the papers at barcelona ready to make the move a season or two before he left, he was ready to make the move clearly but when it didn't happen for whatever reason tried to make out he was being forced out then to use as an excuse for fucking us over with his contract.

I don't remember exactly how it was but I do remember he showed absolutely no respect towards the fans.

well the truth probably somewhere inbetween his version of events and the clubs, doesn't really bother me anymore, I'd have long forgiven Owen if it was just the case of lying about his contract, it was the fact that he was a cunt for the rest of his career that makes me despise the little shitstain

That's fair enough, I'm just referring to the feeling about him before he went to Newcastle.

That's fair enough, I'm just referring to the feeling about him before he went to Newcastle.

well I disliked him a lot just for the contract running down at that time, and then I felt he completely bottled it when going to Newcastle after making out he was desperate to join us so lost even more respect for him then, then was just about ready to let it lie and remember him for the good times but then he went and joined the cunts of all cunts and started sucking up to them so he can fuck right off

was similar with Mascherano really, I was pissed off with him that first few months after he left but he has done nothing wrong since (in fact he even dedicated beating Scum in the Champions League final to us!) so I wish him all the best these days and would love him back

well I disliked him a lot just for the contract running down at that time, and then I felt he completely bottled it when going to Newcastle after making out he was desperate to join us so lost even more respect for him then, then was just about ready to let it lie and remember him for the good times but then he went and joined the cunts of all cunts and started sucking up to them so he can fuck right off

was similar with Mascherano really, I was pissed off with him that first few months after he left but he has done nothing wrong since (in fact he even dedicated beating Scum in the Champions League final to us!) so I wish him all the best these days and would love him back

I just remember 'the little rat can rot in hell' comments when he was rumoured to be coming back to us and the general feeling. It just seemed deeper than it was with McManaman.

What’s the last film you saw? It’s very boring, but I don’t watch films. I think I’ve seen about five in my life. I just can’t get into them. I do try – someone will say, ‘Watch this film, it’s great,’ and I’ll try but after half an hour, 40 minutes I can’t take it any longer.

So what were those five? They must have been absolutely terrible. Rocky, Jurassic Park, Cool Runnings, Ghost. Um, I can’t remember any more. Er … and Heat. I’ve seen Heat. I can’t think of any more.